This Forum Blocked in China

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Re: This Forum Blocked in China

Postby gary » Wed May 06, 2015 8:31 pm

DrZarkov wrote: A BIOS with chinese alphabet would have been much too complicated and too expensive 20 years ago.

Yes we had to do it from scratch...
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed May 06, 2015 9:26 pm

An early experimental Chinese keyboard with many keys was developed by researchers of National Chiao Tung University in Taiwan, but it never came to the mainstream as you can see .
Attachments
Large_chinese_keyboard.jpg
Large_chinese_keyboard.jpg (67.49 KiB) Viewed 5252 times
C34.jpg
C34.jpg (47.32 KiB) Viewed 5252 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Steve Anderson » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:56 pm

Just got back from China again. This site is still blocked but the nbtv.org one is OK,

I apologize to those who have sent PMs, I will respond once I get my 'feet under the table'.

In future please feel free to e-mail via the e-mail link within my profile here. My e-mail account/ISP is accessible in China with no problems.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Previous

Return to Off Topic