Philips GM5655 V2

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Re: Philips GM5655 V2

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue May 19, 2015 1:44 am

Yes Steve its not great but it lives ,i will start replacing those caps and see what happens perhaps one or two see where the faults are .

Pretty much i think to those old caps have had it so yep worth doing it now.

I checked jaycar our electronics parts store no 600v 100nF only 100v but the 50nfs are so i could put 2 of those together to get a 100nF.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Steve Anderson » Tue May 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Harry, I'm going to the electronics area of Bangkok tomorrow (Wednesday the 20th), I can pick up some 100nF (0.1uF)/630V caps for you and pop them in the post if you wish. They're all of three Baht each (under 12 cents Australian) - so forget the cost. If you wish me to get some how many would you need? PM me your address and they'll be on their way before the weekend.

I hope you won't need too many as they only have 20,054 in stock.

Photo shows the type they are...the dimensions are 17.5 x 11.5 x 6.3mm.

Steve A.

I actually have a few 400V versions here that have been sitting on the shelf for years, if they'll do I'll send them. But if you need the 630V version it's no problem.
Attachments
Cap Type 1.jpg
Cap Type 1.jpg (10.6 KiB) Viewed 5011 times
Steve Anderson

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue May 19, 2015 7:34 pm

HI steve i will send a PM about this thanks
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Previous

Return to Off Topic