Google photos

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Google photos

Postby McGee2021 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Does anybody know of any way of getting photos from google photos (accesible from google drive) to create a link that is able to be posted on the forum for anybody to see?
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Re: Google photos

Postby gary » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:17 am

Yes, just right mouse button click, select "share..." then select "Get Shareable Link" (top right hand corner) - the rest is self explanatory.

It should also be possible to embed the photos into a forum post using that link also but I haven't tried it.
gary

Postby McGee2021 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:47 pm

gary wrote:Yes, just right mouse button click, select "share..." then select "Get Shareable Link" (top right hand corner) - the rest is self explanatory.

It should also be possible to embed the photos into a forum post using that link also but I haven't tried it.

Ive tried to embed the link in a post, but only people that i list are able to access the photo :(. Google should have an option for everybody to see! :x
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Postby gary » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:51 pm

Yeah you can, just make sure you select "Anyone With The Link" when you share it.

If you are embedding the photo I am pretty certain you need to use picasaweb (https://picasaweb.google.com/) to get an embeddable link.
gary

Return to Off Topic