The Man With A Flower In His Mouth Script?

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Re: The Man With A Flower In His Mouth Script?

Postby Lawnboy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:44 am

Thanks Dave, that certainly does help in keeping it all together.

Thanks to Gunner too, I have looked but was unable to find a copy of the play online. What I would really like to get my hands on is the original copy: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media ... 66492.html
I contacted the British Film Institute hoping to get a copy of the copy, but of course it has been placed in the "special collections" and can only be viewed in person, and not copied. The next step would be to try and contact Derek Brady and hope he kept a copy for himself. Here is an article he wrote about the play: http://www.tech-ops.co.uk/page142.html
Lawnboy
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Postby McGee2021 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:52 am

Lawnboy wrote:Thanks Dave, that certainly does help in keeping it all together.

Thanks to Gunner too, I have looked but was unable to find a copy of the play online. What I would really like to get my hands on is the original copy: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media ... 66492.html
I contacted the British Film Institute hoping to get a copy of the copy, but of course it has been placed in the "special collections" and can only be viewed in person, and not copied. The next step would be to try and contact Derek Brady and hope he kept a copy for himself. Here is an article he wrote about the play: http://www.tech-ops.co.uk/page142.html

You might try the BBC written archives in Caversham, i know that the most recent incarnation of The Man With The Flower In His Mouth got the original script adapted for television and transmission by the BBC from there. But the document hasn't been digitized,and since this is not a commercial project, and were not writing a book about it(not yet at least), than the most reliable source is no longer an option.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/informationandarch ... ves_centre
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021

Postby Klaas Robers » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:50 am

I remember that Dough Pitt had a copy of the script. Don't know what happened with it, you might contact Jeremy Jago and ask him. He should know what happened after Dough passed away.
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby McGee2021 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:55 am

Klaas Robers wrote:I remember that Dough Pitt had a copy of the script. Don't know what happened with it, you might contact Jeremy Jago and ask him. He should know what happened after Dough passed away.

I have contacted Jeremy on this topic before, and this is a quote from and email between the two of us.

" A written version of the script looks rather unlikely to emerge in the near future.

I suggest that by far the better option for you would be to find the Bill Elliot reconstruction of the play on the internet and save it. Then, write down the dialogue and visual details, and in that way reconstruct your version of the script.

Although this option may sound unattractive I think it would turn out to be the quicker."
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021

Postby Lawnboy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:10 am

I did a little research on the "rediscovered" script and sadly Derek Brady passed away in 2015 (he was 82). What confuses me is why the BFI would allow viewing but no copying. I can understand if they don't want their precious manuscript slapped onto a photocopier, but why the restriction on photos? Or is that just a blanket policy to cover copyrighted material and original photographs in their collection? Either way I have no hope of even getting to view the script anytime soon.
Lawnboy

Postby Lowtone » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 am

The long version of the play we can read last page is very interesting. Thanks for this
r a d i o P T T v i s i o n
Lowtone

Previous

Return to Off Topic