Dulce-Tone phonograph Converter

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Dulce-Tone phonograph Converter

Postby McGee2021 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:08 pm

I read an article on a website that i visit periodically, and the article was about transitional technologies.

http://www.rexophone.com/?p=695

One of the technology the author spoke of was a converter that allowed you to use your existing mechanical phonograph as a loudspeaker for your radio set. I thought to myself, could this be used today? And i found out yes! It can. It can be used in an old combination radio/phonograph, or just a phonograph. if you want to listen to music from an mp3 player, or your personal device, than all you would have to do would be plug the device into the audio jack of your music source, put the adapter underneath the tone arm of the record player, and voila! You have modern music on an old device. Im currently 3d printing prototype parts, and should have the device ready to show and describe how it works within the next week. All that is needed to make the adapter is the case, a plastic anvil on which the needle sits, a few small electromagnets, and some cotton for dampening of the anvil moving between magnets. Updates will continue in the next few days.
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Re: Dulce-Tone phonograph Converter

Postby McGee2021 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Here is the model that im currently copying off of, design wise.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/teagleco_d ... ker_s.html
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Return to Off Topic