3D Printing Live Streaming

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

3D Printing Live Streaming

Postby McGee2021 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:21 pm

As of right now, plans are in the works to start a live stream of the print bed of my 3D printer. Youll be able to see parts being made, and my bed being slowly chipped away. I should have it up and running within the next two days. You can see it at my channel, here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOZO8e ... ZwMroVib4A
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Re: 3D Printing Live Streaming

Postby McGee2021 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:11 pm

I have started the stream, i am printing a Kepi, a French military cap. You can view it here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOZO8e ... Vib4A/live
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021

Postby Andrew Davie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Just yesterday I setup OctoPi on my printer, and I can view live over my local network. I'm curious how you got this streaming working, though -- that's exactly what i want to be able to do and I'm not nearly as skilled as you at setting this up yet! Can you share any how-to's?
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby McGee2021 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:19 pm

Im not quite experienced either, i just did this all on a whim today. I followed Youtube's live streaming insctructions, and pretty well have it set up. But, my internet is so bad its taking a toll on the quality of the stream.
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021

Postby McGee2021 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Anyway, ill explain this the best i can step by step. Ill put in as many steps (as i can remember!).

1. You'll need an encoder, so i just used wirecast encoder. It has a free version, and it works lovely. You can find it here: http://www.telestream.net/controls/wire ... t-play.htm
2. You'll need to set up the encoder, but, on this part, i did it a bit haphazardly and it took much longer to do. Once the encoder is downloaded, open it up, and go to the help section. Thats the best i can explain how to set it up, but you will need to have your youtube account linked to it.
3. In YouTube, On the far left hand side, click the "My Channel" button. It should be right below the home button.
4. This should bring you to your channel, if not, there's a serious problem. :lol: Right underneath the search bar, hit the video manager button. This should bring you into YouTube studio.
5. Again, on the far left hand side, hit the Live Streaming button. It should be right underneath the video manager button. Then, hit stream now.

Right now, im streaming, so it wont let me go any farther than that. Tomorrow morning the print is supposed to be finished, along with the stream, so ill update you then. I think i went into to much detail for to little steps!
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021

Return to Off Topic