A Trainorama !!

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

A Trainorama !!

Postby Viewmaster » Tue May 14, 2019 9:01 pm

This is far removed from NBTV but at 86 I am in my second childhood :lol:
In between building my Bach with sparks and the spark chamber etc I am
building what I think is a first.
I call it a Trainorama, (from panorama, wide view.)
I have searched the net and find no other. Only static wall displays and a single track near the ceiling. Maybe that's because I'm nutty !

00gauge locos run to end of wall mounted tracks, and reverse back to other end and reverse again and so on. Two/three locos can be on each track chasing each other.

"Mind that china."

All controlled by micro switches at the end buffers and latching relays.
Small lamps along the track (10mm leds)

Speed variable. on each track.

Whatever next?
Attachments
TRAINARAMA.JPG
“One small step for a man,"......because he has Arthritis.
Albert.
Viewmaster
Frankenstein was my uncle.

Re: A Trainorama !!

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue May 14, 2019 9:21 pm

Good work Albert,I have never seen the track lay out like that....you have an amazing amount of interests.
You must of had a fair few projects in your life Albert ...what ones are your best ..nbtv I like your matrix tv and the tiny nipkow monitor and of cause the nbtv mechanical drum recorder....but you must of had many others we don't know about.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Viewmaster » Wed May 15, 2019 5:37 am

Harry Dalek wrote:Good work Albert,I have never seen the track lay out like that....you have an amazing amount of interests.
You must of had a fair few projects in your life Albert ...what ones are your best ..nbtv I like your matrix tv and the tiny nipkow monitor and of cause the nbtv mechanical drum recorder....but you must of had many others we don't know about.

Thinking off the top of my big head :D ..........
First typewritten animated film ever made shown at Odeon. Haymarket, London
and in New York. That's my best, 60 years ago.

More recent now being made. A directional Cosmic ray detector
and a circular particle detector spark chamber using Argon gas and 15kV.

3 tesla coils to play Bach's organ music . One coil to play treble clef and another for bass clef.

Thinking back at your topics Harry, you too have had many new ideas and experiments.
More than most.
Albert.
Viewmaster

Postby gary » Wed May 15, 2019 7:33 pm

Viewmaster wrote:
Harry Dalek wrote:Good work Albert,I have never seen the track lay out like that....you have an amazing amount of interests.

Thinking off the top of my big head :D ..........
First typewritten animated film ever made shown at Odeon. Haymarket, London
and in New York. That's my best, 60 years ago.

More recent now being made. A directional Cosmic ray detector
and a circular particle detector spark chamber using Argon gas and 15kV.

3 tesla coils to play Bach's organ music . One coil to play treble clef and another for bass clef.

Thinking back at your topics Harry, you too have had many new ideas and experiments.
More than most.

Oh yeah? Well I made a promise once... it was really good until I broke it... :-(

Seriously, I hear there is plenty of space in this forum for projects such as those to be shown off and I am sure every one here is as interested as I to see them.
gary

Postby Viewmaster » Wed May 15, 2019 9:20 pm

Well Harry, for me, I exhausted all I could do with NBTV so
had to dig in other fields. ( So maybe farming will be next ! ),
as I have always done.
I do admire those who can spend years and years concentrating on the one subject,
but it's not for me. I guess that I have a butterfly mind flitting hither and thither. :D
Albert.
Viewmaster

Postby Andrew Davie » Wed May 15, 2019 9:30 pm

This reminds me of a 1986 Australian movie called "Malcolm".
It's on YouTube - here you can see a couple of minutes of the movie where, if you look closely, you can see some of the trains operating in the background against the walls of the rooms...
https://youtu.be/ho4LrJRAl8s?t=1386
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri May 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Great work Albert being able to have a wide interest is nothing bad every one is different indeed...I agree with Gary do post up past work if you want as its all of interest .
On nbtv side of things for me could go on forever ,just getting it right correcting past mistakes new ideas never enough time.
And the projects you mentioned sounded amazing should be posted up and not lost in the past.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Andrew Davie » Thu May 23, 2019 12:45 am

I've moved the thread to a more suitable category. You will find it in "Off Topic" from now on.
/moderator
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Return to Off Topic