Lab Guy

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Lab Guy

Postby Steve Anderson » Thu May 26, 2022 3:55 pm

This guy (Lab Guy as he calls himself) has been a long-term You Tuber on all sorts of topics relating to television. In recent times he's done quite a few related to NBTV, both electronic and mechanical. He can at times be a bit long-winded, but his videos are worth watching...

https://www.youtube.com/user/videolabguy/videos

A sample of his home-page showing a few NBTV items he's done...the link above (hopefully) takes you to that exact page...no doubt many of you are already aware of him...click image for larger version, your back button to return here...not the one as part of the attachment..

videolabguy 1.gif

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: Lab Guy

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat May 28, 2022 8:47 am

Yes Richard he's a great experimenter well worth looking at he's projects on you tube and he's site .!
He's just got a new job so not so active last few months.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: Lab Guy

Postby FlyMario » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:10 am

I was certain he "VideoLabGuy" was on this forum already. I know that he uses the NBTV circuits in a lot of his work. I seem to recall telling him about this forum before.

He also has a lot of very old video equipment. Like the Sony AV-3400 and I think he has Sony AV-3600 as well. He was offering tips to fix my AV-3400. Not gotten to the other unit yet.
Peter J. Fischel
Mechanical TV Fan, Programmer and Tinkerer.
FlyMario
Mad Scientist

Return to Off Topic