Date and Time

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Date and Time

Postby Klaas Robers » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:33 pm

I wonder which Date and Time I see with the entries of the forum. Sometimes when I read the forum at Tuesday I see already new messages posted at Wednesday. Which Date and Time is used in the Forum?
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Re: Date and Time

Postby Steve Anderson » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Klaas Robers wrote:Which Date and Time is used in the Forum?

If you are not logged in, and/or a non-member, you'll see the time of posting for Tasmania, Australia, ten hours ahead of GMT/UTC. At the time you joined you should have been asked which time-zone you're in, then once you log-on times displayed will all be your local time.

...well that's the theory, seems to work here...just below this posting to the right it says 'All times are GMT +7 Hours'...which is correct for me. When I first access the site before logging in it says 'All times are GMT +10 Hours'.

You can change the time zone you're in anytime by clicking the 'Profile' word at the very top of the opening page and in fact almost all others too including this one (a drop-down menu appears near the bottom of the page). Of course you need to be a member to edit your profile and be logged-in.

All a little confusing when you learn that the server for Taswegian.com is based in Hong Kong, GMT +8 Hours.

When it comes to the matter of daylight saving I have no idea, we don't have it here being close to the equator, how this is handled (if at all) I don't know.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Klaas Robers » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:54 am

Ah, yes, I see. When I log out all times and day names change. Thanks Steve.
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Return to Off Topic