Pocket Projectors - LED

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Pocket Projectors - LED

Postby Marcus » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:45 pm

I came across these today on the net. I wonder what LEDs they use and wether they could be used for NBTV?

http://video.google.com/videosearch?cli ... &ct=title#
[/code]
Marcus
Evil Genius

Pocket Projector

Postby KG6KGG » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Marcus:

Indeed, it is mechanical! But before you run out and buy one just wait. I have read that the some of the next generation of cell phones (mobile phones) will have DLP chips built-in for similar function.

You can google "DLP" or TI + DLP to read more on the tech if you are not up-to-speed on it.

Regards
DS
Television? The word is half Greek, half Latin. No good can come of it.
C. P. Scott
KG6KGG
Research Scientist

Postby Mike Willis » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:14 am

I guess you could say that you are getting absorbed in a hobby when you see something and it's not long before you try to figure a way to use it to make a better Nipkow disk, for example..

While working on a new disk with a cardstock template last night I thought of this little projector...build a frame so that the image of a hole layout is projected vertically down onto the disk sheet material, then drill where appropriate...
Mike Willis
Laboratory Assistant

Return to Off Topic