Messy Workshops...

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Postby dominicbeesley » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:27 am

The Belfast sink is usually used as an improvised, shelf or workbench but occassionaly sees service when etching PCBs and filling the solder station sponge!

I also had an incredibly dangerous rubber pipe and poke arrangement connected straight to the gas which I used once for braising but the rubber was looking tired so I decided to have it disconnected....health and safety gone mad!

The latest luxury is a working earth connection! The previous oweber did her own wiring by the looks of things and correctly sheathed each earth wire in green and yellow, unfortunately this extended to inside the terminals on the fusebox, hence each ring main socket earth connected together but not earthed. This leads to an effect a bit like a pinball machine, but with a very sweary ball, when a filter capacitor goes short on old equipment!

I have to say that Albert at least remembers to hang all his tools up! I tend to pile all mine up in the corner until I spend more than an hour looking for the long nose pliers - then I know its almost time to tidy up.

I have to say the rest of the house is like this - I've lost all the documents for my car and can't remember when the MOT or insurance are due to run out (or ran out).....

Dom
dominicbeesley
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Previous

Return to Off Topic