Workshop re-work

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Workshop re-work

Postby dominicbeesley » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:13 am

Hello all,

It's been a bit quiet round here of late though I'm hoping to get back to some of my projects soon. I had a plague of dry rot in my workshop which ate a few of my shelves (and a few radio sets and other items!)

Anyway I'm on the road now to having a better equipped workshop: a new woodworking bench with a proper vice! - now covered in all my test gear while I paint the electronics room; and a painted floor and walls - luxury, no more dust and lost components

Of course this is all taking far more effort and time than I'd envisaged and I think I must have be going through a withdrawal phase as I couldn't resist buying up some of the different coloured cheap tester pots from the DIY shop this afternoon and painting a testcard on the wall. More interesting and less tiring the doing all the other walls, but more fun!

Dom
Attachments
PB101921-s.JPG
PB101921-s.JPG (123.87 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
PB111928-s.JPG
PB111928-s.JPG (79.79 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
PB111953-s.JPG
PB111953-s.JPG (87.3 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
dominicbeesley
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby AncientBrit » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:20 pm

Dom,

A wall painted test card. Now that must be a first!

Cheers,

Graham
AncientBrit
Green padded cells are quite homely.

Postby dominicbeesley » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:48 am

Thanks Graham,

Shame I couldn't get exactly the right colours - next time I might try a bit harder and get them spot on!

Anyway, soon I'll be back up and running and can get back to making some new machines!

Dom
dominicbeesley
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Return to Off Topic