I want to buy a telivisor. which one?

For sale and wanted ads, notices of where to find items of interest, club marketplace, and pointers to anything of interest to those wanting to buy or sell NBTV-related items.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

I want to buy a telivisor. which one?

Postby Slow_Ride » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:30 pm

I am thinking about buying a sstv. They are not coming up often on ebay anyway, so is anyone out there making them for order?
Slow_Ride
"Fester, enough of the light-bulbs!"

Re: I want to buy a telivisor. which one?

Postby Steve Anderson » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:52 pm

First let's find out what you really want. A Televisor (which uses NBTV or very similar) and SSTV are two very different things. One (NBTV) displays movement within the picture, similar but different to normal TV. SSTV is a series of stills taking from about eight seconds per picture to many minutes per picture. Similar in many ways to a fax...if you're old enough to remember them...

NBTV Televisors are usually home-constructed though there is one source of kits available that I know of. SSTV is mainly a software (phone or PC) application these days though there are some people (me and others) that still build SSTV equipment. There's very little to buy except second-hand and they come up only on very rare occasions. They also tend to be very old, the last commercially made SSTV equipment was probably in the early 1980s....

I hope this clarifies things...

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: I want to buy a televisor. which one?

Postby Dave Moll » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:15 pm

If what you are looking for is an NBTV televisor, the one Steve refers to above (from https://mindsetsonline.co.uk/shop/televisor/) is currently marked as out of stock.
Dave Moll
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Re: I want to buy a telivisor. which one?

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:00 pm

In case you don't know there are 2 analog software programs that do SSTV fax cost you nothing if you need a Quick monitor use the desk or lap top ,i am thinking you don't want to build one but that can be done too one way or another if so !
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Return to Marketplace