eBay Item - Scophony Baird Mirror Drum

For sale and wanted ads, notices of where to find items of interest, club marketplace, and pointers to anything of interest to those wanting to buy or sell NBTV-related items.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

eBay Item - Scophony Baird Mirror Drum

Postby Kevin Hadfield » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:00 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221324147945

Seller describes it as follows: "Scophony Baird high speed mirror drum from a 1930s mechanically scanned 405 line TV set. This is a possibly unique survivor of the scophony system, and comes in its original box (addressed to Mr E.H. Traub, from Mr G. Wikkenhauser)."

Someone has already bid the starting price of £100.
Kevin Hadfield
"Fester, enough of the light-bulbs!"

Re: eBay Item - Scophony Baird Mirror Drum

Postby Don Tomkins » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:29 am

Being a long time student of Scophony company, their technology and their various imaging systems, I too thought I would bid on this item in order to get a first hand examination of it. Ultimately though, I was unsuccessful but now much relieved that this item has gone to a good home, namely the Bradford Media Museum in the UK where it should be available for all to see. There is an interesting blog article by Ian Baird posted on the museum site indicating background information on the scanner and the remarkable place and manner it was discovered. Lucky find indeed!
Don T.
Don Tomkins
"Fester, enough of the light-bulbs!"

Return to Marketplace