100x100 Pixel Nixie Display

For sale and wanted ads, notices of where to find items of interest, club marketplace, and pointers to anything of interest to those wanting to buy or sell NBTV-related items.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

100x100 Pixel Nixie Display

Postby Lawnboy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:27 am

Never knew these existed. Could be very useful for someone recreating the Bell Labs 1928 large screen display. It even works with Arduino!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRARARE-NIXIE ... 2191991908
Lawnboy
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Re: 100x100 Pixel Nixie Display

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Lawnboy wrote:Never knew these existed. Could be very useful for someone recreating the Bell Labs 1928 large screen display. It even works with Arduino!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRARARE-NIXIE ... 2191991908

Yes looks good makes me i think back to Alberts home made led display NBTV monitor he had to solder every led in place ...any case looking interesting
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: 100x100 Pixel Nixie Display

Postby Klaas Robers » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:58 am

The problem of a neon display is to get grey shades. I remember the Baird neon plate lamp. If you dim the lamp a part of the plate goes off and another parts is kept iluminated. This can be too with the Nixie display. Even a neon lamp does this.

But if you only want the dots on or off there is no problem at all. But for (NB)TV you don't want that........
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Return to Marketplace