Laser pointers now illegal in Australia

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri May 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi gary

yes i am i am not good in the cold ...but today was good so i ventured out to experiment again.

Well after what you said about the laws i was not expecting my laser from china,it came and i found it funny the customs sticker was filled out Green in English the rest was all in chinese .

Mines a 50mv and sure looks like it ,yep dangerous to the eyes for sure .

Also i agree jaycar 10mv green version yes near on 100 bucks a rip off mine was 20 free postage.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby gary » Sat May 21, 2011 12:20 am

I like that free postage - don't know how they do it - normally freight is more than the cost of the item - they must be able to put it in a big container with lots of other stuff, but even then it has to come from the port by post and Australian Post is one of the most expensive in the world. I bought an optical mouse the other month $2.38 free postage - they can't possibly be making anything on it.
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat May 21, 2011 7:21 pm

gary wrote:I like that free postage - don't know how they do it - normally freight is more than the cost of the item - they must be able to put it in a big container with lots of other stuff, but even then it has to come from the port by post and Australian Post is one of the most expensive in the world. I bought an optical mouse the other month $2.38 free postage - they can't possibly be making anything on it.

Yes some are free some charge a bit more for the same laser works out about the same mine was a buy now .

Did take a while i think 3 weeks or so so i would say it came via a ship .

The chinese make some good stuff cheap on the net too which means if you can not match it you loose perhaps their plan ...

For me it was either near on 100 dollars for a 10mv green laser from jaycar or 20 dollars for a 50 mv from them ,i had to wait but saved me a lot.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Previous

Return to Off Topic