Here's a crazy idea...

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Here's a crazy idea...

Postby Metallica Man X » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:06 am

So I was thinking about creating a Televisor Camera system. The main problem these things seem to suffer from is getting enough light.

So I looked around thinking what could amplify light in the simplest way...then I thought about what if you were to use something like this:

Modified (or just plain built) to focus at a much shorter distance, of course.

It's essentially a light collector/amplifier. How good do you think this would work?
I mostly lurk..don't be surprised when I actually post!
Metallica Man X
Master Craftsman

Postby DrZarkov » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:09 am

The device you are looking for is called a magnifying glass. It's not actually a light amplifier, but a light concentrator. Indeed you can concentrate for example enough sunlight to enlight a fire. And of course: It is already done with NBTV, SDTV and HDTV. With cameras, or more effective: With a magnifying glass in front of the photoelectric cell, using a flying spot scanner in a dark room...
Attachments
feuer_mit_der_lupe_anzuenden.gif
feuer_mit_der_lupe_anzuenden.gif (3.84 KiB) Viewed 5470 times
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:56 am

On the fly spot camera i was trying when trying the dome sensor i used a magnifying glass to do this to focus on the sensor...but for me surface area of the solar cells won out for me .
Garys done a lens camera this lets in more light and i suppose a mirror drum in all its forms would do just as good .

Once i finish my sound recorder i am getting back to the laser monitor with a little more electronics i think i could also turn this into a flying spot camera with a nice amount of light this time and no lens needed.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Return to Mechanical NBTV