NBTV Newsletter.

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Postby gary » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Troy, it's not unusual for us here in Oz to receive the newsletter 2-3 weeks later than those in the UK so I wouldn't panic yet - I haven't received mine yet either.

Harry, how about you?

I doubt that any admin or the chairman (Jeremy) would visit this forum often (or at all) so the best way is to contact Jeremy directly via his email listed here: http://www.nbtv.wyenet.co.uk/members_e-mail.htm
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Albert, I would suggest sticking with 1% but it probably is a bit 'over-the-top'. I guess it would be best to get in contact with Karen directly but I have no contact information for her.

The interesting fact is that here 1% metal-film resistors are cheaper than 5% carbon-composition! You'll notice that in the various photos of circuits I've posted here all the resistors are 1% (five colour bands)...except 1 or 2W which are 5%.

Steve A.

Karen's e-mail is listed on the members page of the NBTVA website...
Last edited by Steve Anderson on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:37 pm

gary wrote:I doubt that any admin or the chairman (Jeremy) would visit this forum often (or at all)...

I think Jeremy has 'looked-in' a couple of times, but it would seem to be a rare occurrence. He did say a few years back that he would join but as far as I know he hasn't.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby gary » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:51 pm

I should point out that I was assuming "admin" refers to the association NOT this forum which has no direct link to the association.

In other words it is not normally within the province of the administrators of this forum to investigate matters directly pertaining to the association (e.g. newsletters), those matters should be addressed to the relevant association officers via the official website.
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:54 pm

gary wrote:I should point out that I was assuming "admin" refers to the association NOT this forum which has no direct link to the association.

Gary, absolutely correct. In a very loose manner, one could say it's affiliated as many members here are also NBTVA members. But as you say there is no direct or formal link between the two.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby DrZarkov » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:27 pm

No new newsletter here in Germany, too...
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:24 pm

gary wrote:Troy, it's not unusual for us here in Oz to receive the newsletter 2-3 weeks later than those in the UK so I wouldn't panic yet - I haven't received mine yet either.

Harry, how about you?

I doubt that any admin or the chairman (Jeremy) would visit this forum often (or at all) so the best way is to contact Jeremy directly via his email listed here: http://www.nbtv.wyenet.co.uk/members_e-mail.htm

No gary no newsletter yet /

i will be watching that letter box :wink:
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:02 am

Thanks Harry, nice to know that it isn't (yet) lost in Aussie Post.

I have a theory that for some reason international mail comes in via Melbourne and then gets distributed. I don't know how I cam to that conclusion but it would be interesting to see if you get yours first - so let us know when you do get it - hopefully this week!
gary

Postby DrZarkov » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 pm

Stil no newsletter here in Germany. :(
Has anybody else got his newsletter now?
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby gary » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Not I
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Vol. 38 No. 1 arrived here in Bangkok about a week ago...

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby gary » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:35 pm

Uh oh. Not having received the newsletter today I thought I would go back and see when those in the UK received theirs as it is a rule of thumb that we in Oz receive it about 2 weeks later.

However I came across Andrew's post saying he received it on the 15th! I had missed that so now I am worried because we should all receive it around the same time in Australia. Coupled with people in Germany not having yet received it, it looks like something may have gone wrong in the UK.

If it is not in the post on Monday I will contact Jeremy and ask if he can chase it up.
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Due to my temporary relocation I haven't yet scanned and destroyed my copy, I even still have the plastic wrapper. It is post-marked the 7th March 2013 and franked at the Theale post-office near Reading in Berkshire...which is just down the M4 from Heathrow airport.

As I understand it, no-one in Oz has received their copy and a few seem to have gone astray in Europe. It's strange that I (half-way between the two) should have had mine delivered.

There hasn't been any disruption to the postal system due to airline strikes, ferries being cancelled or anything of that nature. So why? Though I believe the Eurostar train service has had some recent disruptions due to snow.

Those that do not receive their copy by Monday the 25th, a quick post here saying so and I'll compile a list to Jeremy rather than him receiving multiple e-mails on the same subject.

Steve A.

I might add...renewed your membership?
Last edited by Steve Anderson on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Anderson

Postby gary » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Steve Anderson wrote: no-one in Oz has received their copy

Except for Andrew*, Steve, which makes it even stranger and is why I am getting worried.

* Unless Tasmania has seceded, and, given the present NATIONAL political state of affairs, that is far from unlikely ;-)
gary

Postby Ralph » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:23 am

The residents of Oz should not feel that they are something special. We here in the first colonies to be lost also experience delays. My copy has yet to arrive.......

Ralph
Ralph
Evil Genius

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanical NBTV