SSTV...related, yet different...

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

SSTV...related, yet different...

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:47 pm

Not had any response from owner of site as yet, but it's early days.

http://www.qsl.net/kd2bd/sstv.html

Copthorne McDonald. no burgers, vision of about 1kHz of bandwidth...but stills, not movies. SSTV.

Original format, no frigging colour or AIS modes, got a P7 CRT?

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: SSTV...related, yet different...

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:32 am

Steve Anderson wrote:Not had any response from owner of site as yet, but it's early days.

http://www.qsl.net/kd2bd/sstv.html

Copthorne McDonald. no burgers, vision of about 1kHz of bandwidth...but stills, not movies. SSTV.

Original format, no frigging colour or AIS modes, got a P7 CRT?

Steve A.

Yes Steve the original and the best it should not be forgotten and kept alive.
As with Mechanical television for no other reason because it was the first .
I dislike the later systems as they took the construction out of the hobby or more the display part of the construction side.
I lost my P7 when i moved to Melbourne least i have my own little system when i feel nostalgic.
I am still working on my NBTV camera but needed a brake and working out the optics i have been working on SSTV pick up .
Thinking might be easier on SSTV camera system to help me with the other in time bit like how working on the NBTV UV laser monitor helped me work out the mechanical SSTV monitor .
Have not made my mind up on the type of pickup yet ,i would like a direct rotation mirrors to sensor as i was working on with NBTV but i might have to try flying spot of a rotating drum with a photo and laser....
I have been working on the circuit i have my sync now and working on the VCO old 73 magazine have been very helpful...any case see how it gos /
I have to see if i still have my 80s cassette with SSTV ,if i track it down i with post .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Re: SSTV...related, yet different...

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:38 pm

I came across this E book i think Steve you might find the circuits of interest ,i wish i could read it !
Its in Hungarian . :shock:
Attachments
sstvbook.pdf
Some nice circuits in this
(4.13 MiB) Downloaded 549 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Return to Off Topic