The Man With A Flower In His Mouth Script?

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

The Man With A Flower In His Mouth Script?

Postby McGee2021 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:44 am

i am making an amateur adaptations of TMWAFIHM for a history project, and i cant find a script, or anything of that sort, for it. The closest thing i found is handwriting one while listening to the 1967 remake! does anybody have any connections, or have any idea where i could get a copy? Perhaps Don McLean has one...
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Re: The Man With A Flower In His Mouth Script?

Postby Klaas Robers » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:16 pm

I know that Doug Pitt, the former NBTVA chairman, had the complete script of TMWAFIHM. I also have read it somewhere on this forum, but I am bad in searching. Or you may ask Jeremy Jago for it, I bet that he has it.

There has been a starting initiative to remake this into 32 line NBTV standard. Then it could have been available as an NBTV CD. I never heard that it was done / completed. Every initiative should be welcome.
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby McGee2021 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:50 am

Klaas Robers wrote:There has been a starting initiative to remake this into 32 line NBTV standard. Then it could have been available as an NBTV CD. I never heard that it was done / completed. Every initiative should be welcome.

I was planning to make in the NBTV standard, and put it on some cds and donate them to the club shop, and make in the baird standard so people could see, when looking at my project, what it would have looked like to people in the 1930's.
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021

Postby gary » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:08 pm

For interests sake, here is an overview of fairly recent project (into which I had some small input) to reenact the 30 line version of TMWAFIHM.

http://pumar.org/30-lines-60-seconds/
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:09 pm

gary wrote:For interests sake, here is an overview of fairly recent project (into which I had some small input) to reenact the 30 line version of TMWAFIHM.

Excellent use of your software Gary ,i know its not mentioned much but i am and i am sure many others are grateful for the use of your software ,,,there's not that much out there that can match it if at all.
I know of this play Gary but i wonder how many plays were made for 30 line ....You would think the inventor of television would of televised him self ? did it ever happen ?
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby gary » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:15 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:
gary wrote:For interests sake, here is an overview of fairly recent project (into which I had some small input) to reenact the 30 line version of TMWAFIHM.

Excellent use of your software Gary ,i know its not mentioned much but i am and i am sure many others are grateful for the use of your software ,,,there's not that much out there that can match it if at all.
I know of this play Gary but i wonder how many plays were made for 30 line ....You would think the inventor of television would of televised him self ? did it ever happen ?

Thanks Harry.

I am not aware of any photographs of Baird being televised but then again photographs of *anyone* being televised are relatively rare.

I don't think there were any more plays at 30 lines, I think the next televised play by the BBC was in 1936.
gary

Postby McGee2021 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:16 am

My inspiration for this project comes from a website that documents the same remake, but this one has A LOT of more detail:http://viewjournal.eu/index.php/view/article/view/JETHC082/179

Be warned, sometimes this website works for me, sometimes it doesn't. I suggest viewing it on a desktop, or lap top computer.
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021

Postby gary » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:31 am

McGee2021 wrote:

My inspiration for this project comes from a website that documents the same remake, but this one has A LOT of more detail:http://viewjournal.eu/index.php/view/article/view/JETHC082/179

Be warned, sometimes this website works for me, sometimes it doesn't. I suggest viewing it on a desktop, or lap top computer.

Yes I was showing my bias there as, alas, the article you give has a couple of flaws regarding how my software was described and used.

The first was the unfortunate reference to a "sound card". If the imaging device had been a mechanical television the acquisition would have been through a soundcard but as it was, the image device was a webcam.

I say unfortunate because, over the years, there has been some misconception of what the role of a soundcard is with my software. Some think it is doing some kind of DSP whereas, it is merely used as an aquisition/replay device.

This version of the documentation also makes no reference to the NBTV virtual camera/Skype interface that was used to send the NBTV signal to the wirecast software on another computer, this is unfortunate as, as far as I am aware,it is the only time this unique feature has been used by anyone other than myself :-(

The other minor problem is one of my making that wouldn't have happened if I had been "closer to the coal face" so to speak.

The images shown on that article clearly demonstrate vertical direction pixellation which would not have been present on the original transmission (no sampling) - these should have been smoothed out by anti-aliasing to more closely simulate (but not as good as) the original.

So, McGee2021, I am not sure how you will be doing the simulation but the latter issue is one that I think would be well worth addressing
gary

Postby McGee2021 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:53 am

gary wrote:This version of the documentation also makes no reference to the NBTV virtual camera/Skype interface that was used to send the NBTV signal to the wirecast software on another computer, this is unfortunate as, as far as I am aware,it is the only time this unique feature has been used by anyone other than myself :-(

Id like to know more about this interface, since i don't have a webcam that works at the moment, and i don't want to walk in front of the camera while its filming to pan. Id like to send my screen to another computer, which has a camera, but doesn't work at the moment either.
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021

Postby gary » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:19 pm

McGee2021 wrote:
gary wrote:This version of the documentation also makes no reference to the NBTV virtual camera/Skype interface that was used to send the NBTV signal to the wirecast software on another computer, this is unfortunate as, as far as I am aware,it is the only time this unique feature has been used by anyone other than myself :-(

Id like to know more about this interface, since i don't have a webcam that works at the moment, and i don't want to walk in front of the camera while its filming to pan. Id like to send my screen to another computer, which has a camera, but doesn't work at the moment either.

I am not sure I follow you there McGee2021, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yblVZXcCth4 shows how it works with TBP and it works in an identical fashion with Video2NBTV.
When used with Video2NBTV you would normally use the "realtime" option so that your video is, well, realtime.

I am unaware how Phil got the Skype picture into his WireCast software - possibly by screen scraping.
gary

Postby McGee2021 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:18 pm

gary wrote:
McGee2021 wrote:

I am not sure I follow you there McGee2021, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yblVZXcCth4 shows how it works with TBP and it works in an identical fashion with Video2NBTV.
When used with Video2NBTV you would normally use the "realtime" option so that your video is, well, realtime.

I am unaware how Phil got the Skype picture into his WireCast software - possibly by screen scraping.

That video of yours was very helpful, but do you know of any way to send a 30 line picture generated from your video2nbtv software to skype? perhaps you should choose the output as the virtual camera, then chose skype's video source as the virtual camera to? Im probably missing some steps, and i almost guarantee it. After all, you programmed it and know the works around it! i think im starting to confuse myself now :mrgreen:
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021

Postby gary » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:29 pm

Yes that's all you have to do, It's exactly the same procedure as per the video - you just set your destination to virtual camera - that's all assuming you have downloaded and installed NBTV Virtual Camera (as for TBP) as mentioned in the video.
gary

Postby Lowtone » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:31 pm

It comes from a theatre play
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_w ... _His_Mouth
maybe you can find the book

side question, the 1967 version, do someone have the original tape with the nbtv signal on it, or is the vhs the only source ?
r a d i o P T T v i s i o n
Lowtone

Postby McGee2021 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:29 pm

I have found a script, but it is not the original adapted for television script, although it should be easily adapted. Thus, this project is back on.
Attachments
1.gif
1.gif (46.24 KiB) Viewed 15012 times
2.gif
2.gif (62.87 KiB) Viewed 15012 times
3.gif
3.gif (63.78 KiB) Viewed 15012 times
4.gif
4.gif (69.93 KiB) Viewed 15012 times
5.gif
5.gif (68.07 KiB) Viewed 15012 times
6.gif
6.gif (71.69 KiB) Viewed 15012 times
7.gif
7.gif (69.34 KiB) Viewed 15012 times
8.gif
8.gif (26.84 KiB) Viewed 15012 times
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021

Postby Dave Moll » Tue May 30, 2017 5:39 pm

To make it more convenient, I have combined the above images into a single PDF:
Attachments
The Man with a Flower in his Mouth.pdf
(523.31 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
Dave Moll
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Next

Return to Off Topic