Let's cheat with sound!

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Technology retreat.

Postby Stephen » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:04 am

I note from an article in today's Guardian that there is a groundswell of demand for analogue records, particularly of the 7 inch "single" variety. See http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/story/ ... 50,00.html . Perhaps this interest will spill over into NBTV music videos on Edikov cylinders.
Stephen
Stephen
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Re: Technology retreat.

Postby Viewmaster » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:07 am

Stephen wrote:I note from an article in today's Guardian that there is a groundswell of demand for analogue records, particularly of the 7 inch "single" variety. See http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/story/ ... 50,00.html . Perhaps this interest will spill over into NBTV music videos on Edikov cylinders.

It would never work, Stephen....all that repetitive "thump thump," thumping rubbish that passes for so called music these days would make the Edikow machine jump its little wax grooves! :lol:

BTW, it is spelt Edikow, not Edikov, although it is to be pronounced
Edi kof. (EDIson and nipKOW). I shall get an engraved brass plate for my machine when it is finished !
Albert.
Attachments
Plate.JPG
Edikow plate
Plate.JPG (5.4 KiB) Viewed 5801 times
Viewmaster
Frankenstein was my uncle.

Postby Stephen » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:17 am

Viewmaster wrote:It would never work, Stephen....all that repetitive "thump thump," thumping rubbish that passes for so called music these days would make the Edikow machine jump its little wax grooves! :lol:
You are right, Albert. The available repertoire of NBTV music videos would have to be of the Lindy Hop rather than Hip Hop genre.

I like the nameplate! Who needs an Apple iPhone when one can have an audio/video Ediphone?
Stephen
Stephen
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby Viewmaster » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:27 am

[quote="Stephen]
I like the nameplate! Who needs an Apple iPhone when one can have an audio/video Ediphone?[/quote]

Making the brass nameplate is easy...it's making the bloody machine that goes behind it that's my problem! :)

Apple iPhone?.....maybe we could rotate an apple and disc cut its skin whilst at the same time rotating the axis of it.
"The Applekow!" :lol:
Albert.
Viewmaster
Frankenstein was my uncle.

Postby DrZarkov » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:35 am

The nameplate is great! I love that font! But the german name "Nipkow" is with a voiceless "w", (so it's pronounced "Nip-coe"), different from the russian "ov" like in "Zarkov" :lol:
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Previous

Return to Mechanical NBTV