2 colour question

Information about colour/color mechanical TV systems and constructoin.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Re: 2 colour question

Postby gary » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Harry I have windows 7.

There are a lot of versions because people keep asking for "specials" ;-)

Can you tell me which version of N2V that is please?

An image like this would be useful:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (31.53 KiB) Viewed 16465 times

and was the GHGM2CRenderer.ren from the zip or the installation?
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:56 pm

I will get the info together Gary ...i manged to get it going in part ...i will explain next coming post but the result is out of sync...least i am getting there ..
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:02 pm

gary wrote:Harry I have windows 7.

Thats good so its not that i hate windows 8,10 who the hell wants phone like apps on a PC pointless.

There are a lot of versions because people keep asking for "specials" ;-)

Nothing like a special i think with this one i have 4 or 5 versions this one i am playing with now is the new one right off your web site today via that link you gave me

Can you tell me which version of N2V that is please?

OK its Video2NBTV Version 3 alpha release (includes Brown/Robers CCNC Mark II) i will image to make sure we are looking at the same thing .

An image like this would be useful:

Yes i will screen grab .

and was the GHGM2CRenderer.ren from the zip or the installation?

Now from the install only .....not from that zip file posted this morning .
only using the 2 colour little viewer as i have nothing else to test play the 2 colour wav file .

This is what the colour wheel comes out like program still sort of crashes when you press stop to make the wav file length but it still makes the file where as the other nbtvvideo from this morning test just crashed and made no wav file .

I can see its 2 colour but out of sync i tried playing it on Doms nbtv standard looks out of sync there as well i have posted the wav file it makes here .
Attachments
Screen 00002.jpg
Screen 00002.jpg (251.6 KiB) Viewed 16464 times
colourwheel.gif
colourwheel.gif (1.07 MiB) Viewed 16464 times
test2.wav
(885.06 KiB) Downloaded 896 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Ok Harry try replacing the GHGM2CRenderer.ren in the install folder with the one from the zip file - I think at some stage I did a higher line resolution version for someone and that was released with V3 instead of the 32 line version.
gary

Postby gary » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:Thats good so its not that i hate windows 8,10 who the hell wants phone like apps on a PC pointless.

May I say ne're were truer words written.
gary

Postby gary » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:23 pm

Ok the Video2NBTV V3 now has the correct GHGM2C renderer included, just reinstall and all should be well.
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:53 pm

gary wrote:Ok the Video2NBTV V3 now has the correct GHGM2C renderer included, just reinstall and all should be well.

Yes arrr it now works Thanks Gary ....now i can play with it.

Now that was a bit of work to track that down ....it must of worked around the start at least out putting to monitors as a few here have used it to drive their 2 colour LED circuits .

Any case this is good i like it .
Attachments
ThanksGary1.gif
ThanksGary1.gif (5.57 MiB) Viewed 16453 times
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:Yes arrr it now works Thanks Gary ....now i can play with it.

Now that was a bit of work to track that down ....it must of worked around the start at least out putting to monitors as a few here have used it to drive their 2 colour LED circuits .

Any case this is good i like it .

You are very welcome Harry.

Yes, it was difficult to track down, it wasn't helped by the fact that I am almost always running a version that is a couple of builds ahead of what I have released.

I still don't get the zip file version as I would have thought that was the version Graham Hunt was using to create video for his two colour monitor which he has demonstrated.

I must have provided him with a different version I suppose.
gary

Postby grahamhunt » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:37 am

I am still using phgm2c that you provided originally before you realised you had named to phill instead of me this version has worked on all windows versions xp to 10 64 bit more than you can say for some of the commercial software i have purchased
Graham Hunt
grahamhunt
Master Craftsman

Postby gary » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:46 am

grahamhunt wrote:I am still using phgm2c that you provided originally before you realised you had named to phill instead of me this version has worked on all windows versions xp to 10 64 bit more than you can say for some of the commercial software i have purchased
Graham Hunt

Aaaah that explains how a rogue version got through. Cheers.
gary

Previous

Return to Colour Mechanical TV