Harry Dalek's 5AHP7A Vintage SSTV The Deep image

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Harry Dalek's 5AHP7A Vintage SSTV The Deep image

Postby Andrew Davie » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Those wondering where Harry's thread has gone - it's now in its own sub-forum in this forum's "Construction Diaries".
Here's a quick-link for you... Harry Dalek's 5AHP7A Vintage SSTV The Deep image
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Re: Harry Dalek's 5AHP7A Vintage SSTV The Deep image

Postby Steve Anderson » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:22 pm

I have to admit, I'm a bit confuddled by the "Construction Diaries". Where do I place something that starts out as a thought, conjecture, and ends in a final build. It may start out with me having no intention of building something, yet end up as something worth taking photos of.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Andrew Davie » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:28 pm

Steve Anderson wrote:I have to admit, I'm a bit confuddled by the "Construction Diaries". Where do I place something that starts out as a thought, conjecture, and ends in a final build. It may start out with me having no intention of building something, yet end up as something worth taking photos of.

Steve A.

Just use the forums like you alway have.
When something looks like it's turning into a construction project/diary, you either choose and ask a moderator to set up a forum for it, or a moderator might ask you.
The big advantage, and I seem to recall it might have been you (?) years ago who pointed out that super-long threads are really hard to keep track of.
The real beauty of 'construction diaries' sub-forums is you can have multiple topics, but all specific to your build. Just like I am using my own diary for my new build.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Andrew Davie » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:38 pm

Andrew Davie wrote:The big advantage, and I seem to recall it might have been you (?) years ago who pointed out that super-long threads are really hard to keep track of.

Memory is still functioning... found it back in April 2007....

Steve Anderson wrote:Gents,
Could we re-start this thread? Sifting back through some eight pages and trying to find out what you are doing is not easy.
i.e. What are you trying to do? What circuits are you using? A snapshot of where you are and I'll put in my tuppence for what it's worth.
Steve A.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:13 pm

I like the idea of construction diaries using it now .
I see Steve's point of view as you some times don't know how it will end up ...would be better as with your 2017 monitor build from scratch than months on a project .
What i would rather see the project as mechanical colour tv viewable ...i feel the diaries are a bit hidden only who ever posts theres just a name ..
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby Andrew Davie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:16 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:I like the idea of construction diaries using it now .
I see Steve's point of view as you some times don't know how it will end up ...would be better as with your 2017 monitor build from scratch than months on a project .
What i would rather see the project as mechanical colour tv viewable ...i feel the diaries are a bit hidden only who ever posts theres just a name ..

We can keep a shadow topic on the main thread which takes people direct to the construction diaries. Diary forums are OPTIONAL but have the big advantage of letting you have different topics on your build but all grouped together into a sub forum.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Andrew Davie wrote:We can keep a shadow topic on the main thread which takes people direct to the construction diaries. Diary forums are OPTIONAL but have the big advantage of letting you have different topics on your build but all grouped together into a sub forum.

Yes every regular user would have an idea but newies might not so yes i see why you have left the shadow topic to direct them .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Return to Off Topic