Baron Codelli

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Re: Baron Codelli

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:12 pm

I have not heard of him till now but I will look him up. Sounds like he was a great inventor of mechanical Televsion .
Not heard of any one doing he's 100 line system
Both Steves on the forum have made electronic scanning monitors over 64 lines. SteveO I think has 180 240 and 405 line on he's Argus monitor,I have only tested mine up to 128 with a low bandwidth video signal so far but this is all electronic ...
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:48 pm

Here's some information on him /
https://www.rtvslo.si/news-in-english/s ... tor/432168
i wonder if he used rotation of mirrors getting to higher line rates holes and slits became a little hard but not impossible Baird still did 240 lines.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Klaas Robers » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:24 pm

The error of thinking this man made is that he assumes that you are always looking at the centre of a picture. Then the assumption that the resolution should be best there is true.

But in reality your attention, and thus the most sensitive part of your view is wandering over the screen. Then the less sharp parts are seen as well. So the resolution should be equally distributed over the screen, exept may be very close to the edges, where you see any way things only half.

The same error of thinking is made in the idea of interlace. Yes, an interlaced picture has a high definition if you are always gazing at the same point of the screen. As soon as your center of viewing is moving over the screen you are following the crawling lines and the picture sharpness is half of what it could be. Silly.

This is why a photograph of a TV picture on a CRT is always sharper than the subjective imige that you get when you view it in real life. And of course a photo is flicker free.
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby grahamhunt » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:12 am

Apparently his device consisted of a concave mirror acted upon by to electro magnets causing a swash affect

Graham
grahamhunt
Master Craftsman

Return to Mechanical NBTV