My early television Face book page

Links to relevant web sites, copies of patent documents and newspaper and magazine articles. Feel free to post relevant items here. This forum is moderated and non-relevant postings will be deleted.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

My early television Face book page

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:45 pm

Any one interested please feel free to join and post up .
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1705083 ... nt_mention
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: My early television Face book page

Postby Klaas Robers » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:17 pm

I don't want to have an account at Face-Book, nor at Twitter or Instagram. I don't trust those companies.
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Klaas Robers wrote:I don't want to have an account at Face-Book, nor at Twitter or Instagram. I don't trust those companies.

That's Ok only chatting early television and such not personal things ,i don't like it on that either so just chat about our interest only .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby Dave Moll » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:20 pm

I have to say I'm with Klaas on this one. I have no intention of having an account with any of them.

Proud to be a dinosaur! :mrgreen:
Dave Moll
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby gary » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Dave Moll wrote:I have to say I'm with Klaas on this one. I have no intention of having an account with any of them.

Proud to be a dinosaur! :mrgreen:

Of course I would be warranted in taking the same position with this site given it's rather long (now) preoccupation with (what i regard as) the anathema of NBTV, fully electronic television.

I have come to the conclusion that if I resiled from everything I disagreed with, I would disappear up my own backside - then again, perhaps I have.
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:50 pm

I'm also a non-user of all those platforms - and it will stay that way - I think all 'social media' is childish - aimed mainly at teenagers.

I have only recently started using Line, but only to make international phone calls for free - after many years of nagging from "'er indoors".

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby Viewmaster » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:29 pm

All the villages around here are on facebook.

Quite useful for mentioning events etc. Also if a cat or dog gets lost we all know and look out for them.
Quite a few moggies recovered.

When I registered I put in misleading details such as being 155 years of age.
“One small step for a man,"......because he has Arthritis.
Albert.
Viewmaster
Frankenstein was my uncle.

Postby Harry Dalek » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Viewmaster wrote:All the villages around here are on facebook.

A bit like that here to Albert .
You can make FB into what ever you like its not what you would think if you have no idea ..
It seems with age does come wisdom our oldest member on this forum understands Face book i am impressed and is not Judgmental....i want to be like you Albert !
Quite useful for mentioning events etc. Also if a cat or dog gets lost we all know and look out for them.
Quite a few moggies recovered.

Kids too and accidents covered ,power outages why when its coming back on so on so on its what ever you make ...nothing says it has to just be for some one posting up selfies !

its every thing you could think of .

When I registered I put in misleading details such as being 155 years of age.

Me too they don't know who i am and i am not a Dalek ! :wink:

I have been sitting back reading the replies to my post where i invited those interested to visit my page only if interested ,if you are not interested i don''t care .... :lol: i have a handful of disciples got to start some where !.
Pretty much it was an invite not a Question on Face book is good or bad which the discussion is turning into .
If your mind is set is to never know what something is because you already have a set opinion your mind is closed and you need a key that only you can turn is all i can say .
Albert your my hero !
Last edited by Harry Dalek on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry Dalek

Postby Viewmaster » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Yes, Facebook is what you make of it.
Childish areas and serious. NBTV and Global warming etc etc.

Rather like a pen.
Used by Shakespear to write and for the ignorant to write too.
“One small step for a man,"......because he has Arthritis.
Albert.
Viewmaster
Frankenstein was my uncle.

Postby smeezekitty » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:54 am

I'm in my 20s and choose not to have a Facebook. The way they abuse user information is ridiculous. There are platforms for discussion that require a lot less personal information.
smeezekitty
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Return to Resources