625 TV Camera Module Source.

For sale and wanted ads, notices of where to find items of interest, club marketplace, and pointers to anything of interest to those wanting to buy or sell NBTV-related items.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

625 TV Camera Module Source.

Postby Steve Anderson » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:13 pm

I'm trying to source a 625/50Hz TV camera module/board, i.e. not cased. Preferably monochrome, though the sub-carrier and burst can always be filtered off if PAL colour. It's for NBTV/SSTV use so the resolution doesn't need to be amazingly high.

There is one company in the UK that has just what I'm looking for at GBP33.29 +VAT. But each time I visit their website the product list gets shorter and shorter - I wonder how much longer they'll be in business? Any recommendations? It doesn't have to be the UK or Europe.

Or if someone has a spare one with little use for we could come to some form of arrangement.

Steve A.

P.S. I've looked at a Raspberry Pi camera, way more resolution than needed but I haven't been able to find the pinning/cable data or signal data for it. I don't want to get a Pi as well just to get a camera and interface....I've since found schematics and other data for the Pi, but it is a sledgehammer to crack a nut!
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: 625 TV Camera Module Source.

Postby Lowtone » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:21 pm

Just use °C, not °F, they are more convenient, you know.
r a d i o P T T v i s i o n
Lowtone
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Postby Steve Anderson » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:55 pm

In a similar vein, is there still a source for the old CA3306 6-bit 15MHz A-D in Europe, or elsewhere? I have a few here, but that's no good if you publish a design with unobtainable parts for others. We generally don't need a 15MHz sampling rate, and 6-bits is considered enough for down-converting 525/625 video to a NBTV format.

If happy with 4-bits, like a lot of early SSTV down-converters, then that's just a bunch of hi-speed comparators. but just 4-bits? No thanks.

Currently my design is using an AD7822 8-bit A-D, at a 2MHz sample rate (just enough), though a bit pricey.

If there is still a source for these antique chips (the CA3306) I may go that route...

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby Klaas Robers » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:02 pm

I found at: https://www.digipart.com/part/CA3306 quite some stock of this circuit (if I interpreted correctly).
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Steve Anderson » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:15 pm

Good find Klaas, but why are the first two items/lines so expensive? Military spec devices? The rest appear 'reasonable'.

My local suppliers relevant page follows, prices are in US$ and THB (Thai Baht)...around 40THB to GBP1.00...in all cases plus 7% VAT...

Click on image for better view...then 'back' button to return here...(your real back button, not the one within the image)...

Steve A.

CA3306 Westech Thailand 1.gif
Steve Anderson

Postby Steve Anderson » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:29 pm

Steve Anderson wrote:There is one company in the UK that has just what I'm looking for at GBP33.29 +VAT. But each time I visit their website the product list gets shorter and shorter - I wonder how much longer they'll be in business?

Well, it appears this company I was thinking of in the UK are on the verge of closing up business, it's now their "Black Friday" sale...the last gurgle of breath from a company going under...so they're a non-starter...

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Return to Marketplace