Daily Express Monitor on German radio fair

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Daily Express Monitor on German radio fair

Postby DrZarkov » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:20 pm

Last sunday I was in Datteln, a small town near Dortmund for radio fair. Surprisingly somebody tried to sell a Daily Express monitor, together with some tubes for 1200,00 EUR. For my opinion the monitor was in a too good constitution. The owner told that the monitor was 15 years ago working in an exhibition, but for me that does not mean that this is not a replica.

My questions: Are there any replicas made in bigger numbers? How can I see if this is a "real" one or a replica? How about the price? I found it quite expensive (and my wife would have killed me if I had bought it...), but some month ago at an auction in Cologne somebody paid 2,600 Euro for a Baird televisor (which is of course more beautyful).
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby Telehor » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:48 pm

Mr Zarkov

I have made a batch of Daily Express replicas. Moast are now in musea an collections.
The picture shows the difference in color of the main support.
An other difference is that the resistor and rheostat are fictive. The ww resiance had a ASBESTOS core.
A sticker just under the main spindle has mu name on it but is easy removable.
Full describtion on my site http://users.skynet.be/telehor/eng/Daily_Express_4.htm

Denis
Telehor

Postby Telehor » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:12 pm

The missing picture:
Attachments
P3260016.jpg
Daily Express replica
P3260016.jpg (113.77 KiB) Viewed 6838 times
Telehor

Postby DrZarkov » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:14 pm

The Nipkow-disc on the fair had no spokes, and was brown. Maybe it was indeed a "real" one.
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Return to Mechanical NBTV