Old Trannies.

For sale and wanted ads, notices of where to find items of interest, club marketplace, and pointers to anything of interest to those wanting to buy or sell NBTV-related items.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Old Trannies.

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:41 pm

OK, to kick this off here's what I'm looking for...

Old (or new) transformers with valve/tube friendly secondaries, anything from 250V up to say 1kV or more. I'm not worried about heater windings, they can be provided by transformers in production today if need be.

Preference is for those that have 220/240V primaries, but 110/120V is OK too as I have a large auto-transformer for those.

Audio output transformers (any type) also. I don't need chokes.

Variable capacitors as used for tuning valve/tube radios.

The above can be ripped out of old radios and tellies.

Electrostatic deflection CRTs. Specifically I'm on the hunt for a 7" or larger electrostatic deflected and focused tube with any type of phosphor. But any size is of interest. Bases/sockets for the same.

Synchronous motors whose RPM is directly locked to the incoming mains frequency.

Time to have a rummage around in the attic guys...

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby dominicbeesley » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:55 am

Hi Steve,

I've only just spotted this thread!

I've got a pair of 110 volt HT+Fil (can't remember what the voltages are but can find out if you're interested) I paid £20 for them but never got round to using them. Interested? If so I'll run them up and see how they fly...

Dom
dominicbeesley
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby Steve Anderson » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:53 pm

dominicbeesley wrote:Hi Steve, I've only just spotted this thread! I've got a pair of 110 volt HT+Fil (can't remember what the voltages are but can find out if you're interested) I paid £20 for them but never got round to using them. Interested? If so I'll run them up and see how they fly...Dom

Yep, interested...as and when if you can find out the voltages and possibly the currents, we'll take it from there...

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby dominicbeesley » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:11 pm

Will do, it will require a bit of dragging about of junk to find them and then the usual day or so fixing all the broken test equipment to try them out - but I'm overdue a workshop clean-up!

I think they were 0-110 in, 220-0-220, 0-6.3 out, there may also have been a separate 5V rectifier heater winding too but can't remember at the moment!

Dom
dominicbeesley
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Return to Marketplace