Updates to my mechanical set

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Steve Anderson, Dave Moll, Andrew Davie

Re: Updates to my mechanical set

Postby smeezekitty » Thu May 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Andrew Davie wrote:Do I see top cat?

Yes. I thought it was kinda of obscure so I'm surprised that someone recognized it
smeezekitty
Misunderstood Genius
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:42 am
Location: USA

Re: Updates to my mechanical set

Postby Dave Moll » Thu May 10, 2018 5:00 pm

And the third image looks like Jean-Luc Picard of Star Trek TNG. I don't recognise the middle one though.
User avatar
Dave Moll
Just nod and pretend you understand me
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:11 am

Re: Updates to my mechanical set

Postby smeezekitty » Thu May 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Dave Moll wrote:And the third image looks like Jean-Luc Picard of Star Trek TNG. I don't recognise the middle one though.

Right you are. And that's just a static picture, not from a show so that's not surprising.
smeezekitty
Misunderstood Genius
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:42 am
Location: USA

Re: Updates to my mechanical set

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu May 10, 2018 8:09 pm

Great work !i think you are using Gary's ghgm2c 2 colour left right channel 2 colour ...BTW there's also a 120 line 2 colour version
He also has this 3 colour Baird system this would be one channel .least i think it is i have not played with colour much ..
Number of frames per second: 10
Number of lines per frame: 15
Number of lines per second: 160
Line scanning direction: vertical, bottom to top
Frame scanning direction: horizontal, right to left
Viewing position on disc: right
Rotation direction of disc: anti-clockwise
Picture orientation: portrait
Picture aspect ratio: 2 : 1
White level: 1V
Black level: 0V
Sync tip level: None
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
User avatar
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"
 
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Updates to my mechanical set

Postby gary » Thu May 10, 2018 8:32 pm

smeezekitty wrote: I thought it was kinda of obscure so I'm surprised that someone recognized it


I object to that! TC and I go waaaaay back :-)
Perfecting an NBTV system is like trying to slam a revolving door...
User avatar
gary
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:29 am
Location: Bundanoon, Australia

Re: Updates to my mechanical set

Postby smeezekitty » Fri May 11, 2018 9:25 am

Harry Dalek wrote:Great work !i think you are using Gary's ghgm2c 2 colour left right channel 2 colour ...BTW there's also a 120 line 2 colour version
He also has this 3 colour Baird system this would be one channel .least i think it is i have not played with colour much ..
Number of frames per second: 10
Number of lines per frame: 15
Number of lines per second: 160
Line scanning direction: vertical, bottom to top
Frame scanning direction: horizontal, right to left
Viewing position on disc: right
Rotation direction of disc: anti-clockwise
Picture orientation: portrait
Picture aspect ratio: 2 : 1
White level: 1V
Black level: 0V
Sync tip level: None

I've actually been using my own software for all the tests. I prefer to run it at a higher framerate (15-16 FPS usually) to help tame the flicker.
I'm looking for software that will let me play four track audio or two audio files synchronized on two different devices (since the sound chip can treat the front and back ports as separate devices) but so far I've had no luck. I might have to roll my own :/


I object to that! TC and I go waaaaay back :-)


To be fair, it is waaay before my time.
smeezekitty
Misunderstood Genius
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:42 am
Location: USA

Previous

Return to Mechanical NBTV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests