NBTV Television Analyst

Centralised area for notes about construction projects. Each project has its own sub-forum. In the sub-forums will be topics relevant to parts of that project (e.g., there might be a topic on CRT problems). If you start a construction diary, just post in the forum with your project name as the topic, and a moderator will create a sub-forum for your project.

Moderators: Steve Anderson, Dave Moll, Andrew Davie

Re: NBTV Television Analyst

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu May 21, 2020 11:29 am

I am using the opto coupler circuit with out the 4066 for now..shown below with another club circuit for later on adding sync to the video signal , but i will replace that with the video inverter for this monitor .
Screen h0002.jpg
Screen h0002.jpg (51.6 KiB) Viewed 65 times
3BP1 NBTV Video Drive 1 (1).gif
3BP1 NBTV Video Drive 1 (1).gif (7.64 KiB) Viewed 65 times
Last edited by Harry Dalek on Thu May 21, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu May 21, 2020 2:01 pm

Ok the inverted video is sorted Thanks Steve Klaas your circuits keep on giving .
I will have a look next here at the negative supply for the PMT i will end up having 3 tubes working off this same HV supply here .

Attachments
DSCN6611_x264.mp4
(13.82 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
DSCN6609[1].JPG
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun May 24, 2020 10:05 pm

Well i was hoping to get this PMT to work by now but 2 days of testing i found it is light sensitive to a point but when i did a light transmitting test in its light proof chamber i found instead of a nice waveform all i was getting was spikes no matter the voltage to the PMT or transmitting level .
I was trying a test similar to here below same 3 colour light transmitter

I was using as in the tests One of Steves reversing bars

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2403

I think i have picked another dud PMT :roll: ,i do have one handy that's is fine which i used before as a last resort but i still have another 2 PMTs to try before that stage .

So looks like the next one to hook up and see is the one i was going to pick the first time around The Hamamatsu R1282 has a wide Colour working range .

I will try again this week every thing is done just need the PMT to cooperate.
Attachments
Screen 01178.jpg
Screen 01178.jpg (26.47 KiB) Viewed 31 times
Screen 01180.jpg
Screen 01180.jpg (72.13 KiB) Viewed 31 times
Screen 01179.jpg
Screen 01179.jpg (5.08 KiB) Viewed 31 times
Harry Dalek

Previous

Return to Construction Diaries - Electronic Televisions