Thinking about my Octagon

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:29 am

Having played around a bit now with laser projection i think with what i have made works better closer to a screen as close to the projection mirrors .

So as ever changed the design again this time closer with the laser power i am using which i think is a 10mw Uv laser from memory i have retried the
phosphorescent paint screen ..it for me gives a more pleasant screen to view with the uv laser ..white paper gives the brightest viewing but is a bit hash to view ,its more like viewing it on a scope tv slight lag depending on the 4 sided mirror speed so at the right speed its pretty much ok might of just lucked it with the laser power or brightness setting just right .

Heres a few pictures bit hard to take a great shot may see the bbc test card girl in the shots below , a short video as well try to do better these were my first tests after the redesign .

I forgot to mention i do also still have the red laser may see it on the end of the stepper motor .
Attachments
Picture 362.jpg
Picture 362.jpg (133.62 KiB) Viewed 5533 times
Picture 375.jpg
Picture 375.jpg (104.8 KiB) Viewed 5533 times
Picture 382-crop.jpg
Picture 382-crop.jpg (51.99 KiB) Viewed 5533 times
Picture 395.jpg
Picture 395.jpg (139.21 KiB) Viewed 5533 times
Picture 382.mpg
sorry for the poor camera work just up loading best that came out .
no sync still
(3.14 MiB) Downloaded 677 times
Picture 344.jpg
Picture 344.jpg (197.17 KiB) Viewed 5530 times
Picture 354.jpg
Picture 354.jpg (136.8 KiB) Viewed 5515 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Working a bit more on the phosphorescent paint screen i have found from tests having a back to the screen seems to work better .
I am thinking as tests i did when i first tried phosphorescent paint on glass it reflects back better with white paper behind i recall it worked good with a mirror background.
Also i am thinking going the other way with a black one i might get better shading so i need to try that .

I will up load a few videos that came out in room lighting .
Attachments
Picture 399.mpg
test cart test the sync a bit off room light test
(1.87 MiB) Downloaded 685 times
Picture 430.mpg
clown room light test
(6.36 MiB) Downloaded 1454 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Previous

Return to Mechanical NBTV