NBTV Newsletter.

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Postby DrZarkov » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:40 pm

gary wrote:Just for interests sake, Dr, is there a post date on the envelope? (assuming you have kept it).

I'm sorry, I don't have it any more. Usually it takes about 3-4 days to get mail from the UK. But here (Northern Europe) we still have abnormal cold weather, which causes delays. Two weeks ago I've heard from my postman, that half of his collegues were sick.
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby gary » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:52 pm

No worries Dr. thanks for the update.

No newsletter yet (March 27)
gary

Postby gary » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:03 pm

PS: tomorrow will mark 3 weeks from posting (based on Steve's post mark) - I *think* that will be a record for me (other than those that didn't arrive at all or were sent awry).

If it doesn't arrive tomorrow, then it can't possibly arrive until Tuesday 2nd April because of the Easter holidays.
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:32 am

gary wrote:PS: tomorrow will mark 3 weeks from posting (based on Steve's post mark) - I *think* that will be a record for me (other than those that didn't arrive at all or were sent awry).

If it doesn't arrive tomorrow, then it can't possibly arrive until Tuesday 2nd April because of the Easter holidays.

Still nothing here either Gary empty letter box :cry:
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby AncientBrit » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 am

I think you guys have a very strong case for insisting on an emailed pdf.

This late delivery seems to be the norm for most people outside the UK.

Regards,

Graham
AncientBrit
Green padded cells are quite homely.

Postby gary » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:44 am

Well that's it - the last post before Easter break and no newsletter (March 28th).
gary

Postby gary » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:55 am

AncientBrit wrote:I think you guys have a very strong case for insisting on an emailed pdf.

This late delivery seems to be the norm for most people outside the UK.

Regards,

Graham

Thanks Graham, yes we do I think have a very good case, alas, that doesn't seem to be the point. For some reason beyond me it appears that it just isn't going to happen.

I think it is reasonable that OS members will experience some delay, but (now a minimum) 26 days is getting a little ridiculous - I fear something has gone horribly wrong. Time to contact Jeremy.
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:20 pm

The mail man came and went no news letter for Harry or Gary today by the looks of it .

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:15 am

I have received a reply from Jeremy, and he has confirmed that my newsletter has been posted to the correct address so it has become lost somewhere along the way. He has also asked for a list of Oz members who have not yet received the newsletter. So far I know that:

I haven't
Harry hasn't
Troy have you?
Andrew has

are there any more? If so and I don't know your real name could you
either post it here or PM me so I can arrange with Jeremy to have the
newsletter re-sent.

Whether you have received it or not it would be useful if you could post your status (go/no go) here so we can get a feel for what has gone wrong.
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:02 pm

It may be worth asking,"Has anyone, anywhere, still not received their copy?" It was posted over three weeks ago now.

How mine arrived here 10,000km away before reaching Cunbria is bizzarre. But then again the postal system between here and the UK has always been good.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby gary » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:40 pm

It would appear everyone has gone away for the Easter long weekend Steve... ;-)
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Europe and the UK have yet to really wake up, though they go onto summer time this weekend. Being only 13 degrees north of the equator there's no point in it here.

Easter, another holiday (like Xmas) that doesn't happen here. But they make up for it next month with the Songkran Festival, the whole country shuts down for as good as two weeks.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby gary » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Steve Anderson wrote:Europe and the UK have yet to really wake up, though they go onto summer time this weekend.
Steve A.

True, but don't forget it makes it an early POETS day... (edit: the day before that is).

It gets worse than that Steve, in the US they do not observe Easter Monday as a holiday (heathens ;-)). Now, every time I have attended NAB ( National Association of Broadcasters trade show held in Las Vegas every April) it has been held on the Easter weekend and therefore I missed out on a gazetted holiday (I didn't get paid double time either) - now was that fair?
Last edited by gary on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gary

Postby gary » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Steve Anderson wrote:Europe and the UK ... go onto summer time this weekend.
Steve A.

They may dig themselves out of the snow to celebrate... ;-)
gary

Postby aussie_bloke » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:21 am

I still haven't received my newsletter yet
aussie_bloke
Just nod and pretend you understand me

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanical NBTV