45 line televisor

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Re: 45 line televisor

Postby FlyMario » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:36 am

So that I understand, when you are talking about a Synchronous motor you just mean a 2 phase AC motor?

Is that right? Of course, it would have a certain number of windings to maintain the desired RPM.
Peter J. Fischel
Mechanical TV Fan, Programmer and Tinkerer.
FlyMario
Mad Scientist

Postby smrutibora » Mon May 06, 2019 6:32 pm

I would go with a transformer if anything on the off chance that it winds up in exact ones turns later on more than likely somebody keen on tinkering with it and they are not cautious it's best you spare their life and go with a transformer.
I like to fabricate little as a can however I realize I need that protected as conceivable power supply measure weight what not.
Electrical Design Training
smrutibora
"Fester, enough of the light-bulbs!"

Postby Brigham » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:41 am

The 17" 30-line two-turn disc for 1/4" beads (from Club stores), requires only one LED to provide a picture bright enough for viewing indoors in normal daylight.
I watched Wimbledon on mine, with remarkable clarity. The LED driver is the single-FET circuit from the Club 'red book', which provides more than adequate brilliance and contrast.
Brigham

Postby cool386 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:27 pm

kd6cji wrote: I've seen the mentioning of tube driver here on the discussion board, but could not find any details. Did anyone built one? If so, can you share the design? Thanks!

Yes, I use a 6EM5 beam tetrode for driving my 44 LED array and am very happy with the performance. The modulation depth, brightness, and colour is just like a white CRT. The plate current is around 30mA which suits most audio output valves.
The LED array consists of 4 parallel rows of 11 series connected white LED's. It was obtained from a compact fluoro LED replacement bulb with a dead driver.
cool386

Previous

Return to Mechanical NBTV