CQ de OK2MNM/VE1

Forum for discussion of SSTV topics. Slow Scan television (SSTV) is a picture transmission method used mainly by amateur radio operators, to transmit and receive static pictures via radio in monochrome or colour.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

CQ de OK2MNM/VE1

Postby BruXy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:20 am

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here, but finally registered to the forum!

Currently not active ham (just need to install the most important part of the ham shack: my antenna).

I have strong feelings for classic SSTV, I have Superscan 2001, Tasco TSC-70 and few other machines (flea market finds) I have not tested yet: Robot 1200C, 70+camera, 800.

You can find some of my SSTV related work in the signature (SSTV Handbook still needs a lot of proof-reading and I am planning some updates). I have started with SSTV around 1994 with Hamcomm and JVFAX 7.0 :) I am also interested to build my own NBTV Nipkow disc display (I had that model toy before, but I would like to have something bigger).

73! OK2MNM
BruXy
Laboratory Assistant

Re: CQ de OK2MNM/VE1

Postby Steve Anderson » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:12 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forum. All related subjects are welcome whether you're seeking help, offering it, posting your successes or failures (it happens). It can be old technology or very recent, all are of interest.

Thanks for the links in the 'Resources' section...

Steve A.

Once upon a time G1CLW, though not for the past 25+ years.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: CQ de OK2MNM/VE1

Postby acl » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:50 pm

Hi there,

Welcome to the group. I have similar interests with regard to classic SSTV and NBTV. Years ago decoded spacecraft using spectrum computer and a few years ago completed G3WYC conventional digital frame convertor. With the introduction of the Internet high quality pictures could easily be sent. However still a lot of interest in the original 8 second B/W.

Regards (Alan) Chris Lewis (G6ACL) my own personalised call sign not used for over 25 years.
acl
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Return to SSTV