Where it all started as far as most are concerned and saw heavy use from the 60s through to the 80s. Colour and Hi-res modes have unfortunately pushed this system into the backwaters of SSTV. Time to resurrect interest in this simple analogue system.

Postby Harry Dalek » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Came across this 1965 wunderkind some thing i would expect Steve would of got up to back then :wink:
Looks to have a flying spot monitor in side the case with PMT and hes own Audio tape recorder and play back to a P7 Amazing no wonder he won the science project .
Attachments
videotape-web.jpg
videotape-web.jpg (50.41 KiB) Viewed 5928 times
slowscanVTR-1965-1.jpg
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: 1965

Postby Klaas Robers » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Harry, who is this boy?

You see that he has mounted an oscilloscope tube vertically in the "table". Then he lays a transparency on the screen and a round box in which the PMT.

I see more interesting unconventional set ups in his aparatus. The self built tape recorder is very special. Realise yourself that 1965 was about the moment of the birth of the audio Compact Cassette.
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Harry Dalek » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:06 pm

Klaas Robers wrote:Harry, who is this boy?

You see that he has mounted an oscilloscope tube vertically in the "table". Then he lays a transparency on the screen and a round box in which the PMT.

I see more interesting unconventional set ups in his aparatus. The self built tape recorder is very special. Realise yourself that 1965 was about the moment of the birth of the audio Compact Cassette.

I think no long a boy but a boy at heart these days ...Yes very very interesting Klass you saw some things i missed .
He also had some other interesting inventions view with wonder ...i like hes little low power tv station this fellow had fun !
http://www.wa4dsy.com/robot/home/about/ ... calphotos1
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Andrew Davie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:25 pm

I love this one...

Autodialer (1965-66)
Stored up to 7 phone numbers by sticking strips of tape to a coffee can. The can rotated and brushes did make and break over the tape to create dial pulses. No TouchTone dialing back then!

It was built to win a radio contest. WLOF radio gave prizes to the first caller to notice 3 seconds of silence in their transmissions. This device was connected to a radio and telephone line. After it detected silence on the radio for 1 second it started dialing. If the silence continued for the full three seconds it completed the dialing operation. If not, it aborted. Dale won so many times he was banned.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Return to Cop McDonald's FM SSTV System