Karen Orton

Site-wide announcements, tips & tricks.

Karen Orton

Postby Panrock » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:51 am

I have just heard that Karen Orton has passed away, following a serious illness.

Karen will be greatly missed. She was a loyal friend and support to me and many others. She was probably the most prolific NBTVer the club has ever seen, judging from the content in the Newsletter. She was very bright and possessed a wide range of skills. She was unstintingly generous. She developed and built a Slat Angle Timing Corrector for my 120-line Mirror Screw, all backed by a beautifully written Manual, without which it could never have worked properly. All totally voluntarily and without charge.

She was magic. She'll be greatly missed.

Steve O
Panrock
Green padded cells are quite homely.

Re: Karen Orton

Postby Dave Moll » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:18 pm

This is indeed sad news. As you say, she will be greatly missed.

Although I never met Karen, I have always been impressed by her contributions to the NBTVA newsletter.
Dave Moll
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby dominicbeesley » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:03 am

A truly great loss, Karen will be sorely missed. She has always been generous of her time and a great encouragement both on the forums and by email.

A truly brilliant person
dominicbeesley

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:35 pm

Oh i am very sad to hear this and feel sorry for her and her family ! :cry:
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Andrew Davie » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:39 pm

One of my regrets is that Karen left the forum due to a misunderstanding.
She was clearly a very talented engineer.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby grahamhunt » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:49 pm

I am very sorry to here this she was an inspiration to us all to keep experimenting. Karen will be greatly missed
grahamhunt
Master Craftsman

Karen Orton

Postby acl » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:19 pm

With great sadness we must report the recent death from cancer of our member Karen Orton. She will be remembered as a great friend of our Club and its members. Her passing is a tremendous loss - her inspired design expertise, her communication ability and generosity have made a lasting impression. She leaves behind a great and lasting legacy of her electronic designs and ideas.

Our thoughts and sympathy are with Karen's family. Her funeral is to be held at Kidderminster Crematorium at 1.30pm this Monday: 23 November. National pandemic measures enforce limited attendance in person. Live streaming of the Ceremony will be available, and we will post details as soon as we have advance information of the access details. The ceremony will still be viewable for 28 days.

With best wishes

Jeremy Jago, David Gentle, Chris Lewis, of NBTVA Committee
acl

Postby Lawnboy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:53 am

Karen helped me work through a few snags while modifying one of her video standards processor circuits. Although I've never ventured into the digital aspects of mechanical TV, I appreciate her ability to bridge the gap between the analog and digital worlds for the sake of the hobby.
What a great loss for the club.
Lawnboy
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Postby Lowtone » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:48 pm

Very sad news indeed, condoleances.
r a d i o P T T v i s i o n
Lowtone
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Postby Panrock » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:43 am

Karen's funeral took place at Wyre Forest Crematorium, Stourport-on-Severn on 23rd November 2020. It was a very touching occasion.

A tribute will appear in the forthcoming NBTVA newsletter. Members will receive this very soon.

Those who would like to see a written version of the service, which includes recollections from friends and family, as well as comments from Karen herself, should PM me, leaving their email address.

Steve O
Panrock
Green padded cells are quite homely.

Return to Announcements