The Russian Invasion.

Site-wide announcements, tips & tricks.

The Russian Invasion.

Postby Steve Anderson » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:17 pm

Please ignore the whole load of mainly Russian spam the board is receiving, we're aware of it. Just today I've not approved over 100 spam postings...

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: The Russian Invasion.

Postby Andrew Davie » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:03 am

I've spent quite some time handing the breaches.... but I've BUILT A WALL to keep the undesirables out.
At this point, no new registrations for the forum are being accepted.
I have removed some hundreds of recent user registrations, and banned a whole lot of IP addresses and email domains (mostly from Russia).
In the process I found a bunch of posts awaiting moderation/acceptance from moderators. Some of these were a year or two old.
In the interests of transparency and expediency I have approved some which are marginal/dubious. If odd posts, out of context, from a year or two ago appear on the forum, please bear with us as we try and sort out this communist attack on our freedoms ;)
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:40 pm

Andrew Davie wrote:I've spent quite some time handing the breaches.... but I've BUILT A WALL to keep the undesirables out.
At this point, no new registrations for the forum are being accepted.
I have removed some hundreds of recent user registrations, and banned a whole lot of IP addresses and email domains (mostly from Russia).
In the process I found a bunch of posts awaiting moderation/acceptance from moderators. Some of these were a year or two old.
In the interests of transparency and expediency I have approved some which are marginal/dubious. If odd posts, out of context, from a year or two ago appear on the forum, please bear with us as we try and sort out this communist attack on our freedoms ;)

Sorry to hear you had all this trouble ! No wonder Trump go in with their help soon to be fixed as well !
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:17 am

The forum looked hacked yesterday could not post and messages looked deleted made the forum look like a mess if i can post this its fixed!
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby Dave Moll » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:46 pm

Seemed fine yesterday aprroximately 8:00am GMT when I checked for new messsages. What time were your problems?
Dave Moll
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:43 pm

Dave Moll wrote:Seemed fine yesterday aprroximately 8:00am GMT when I checked for new messsages. What time were your problems?

Here's my messages on Face Book checking with D Lowtone in France NBTV member that it was not just my computer !
messages look missing ,and could not post a message and posts not sure how long it lasted but it was a fair while

Active Status and when you've read messages.
Sat 9:02 PM
You sent February 20 at 9:02 PM
BTW the NBTV forum is not working looks hacked ?

Débranché sent February 20 at 9:38 PM
it seems heavily broken !
Sun 12:08 AM
You sent February 21 at 12:08 AM
yes and message's gone thanks for double checking ,i suppose all we can do is hope they can fix it !
Harry Dalek

Postby Andrew Davie » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:07 am

Sorry, this was my fault in a roundabout way.
The forum software is old. Very old. It relies on a version of some associated software on the forum about 5.6
I have started a new tiki (a wiki) also hosted on my taswegian domain. It relies on a version of the same software of 7.x
So I changed to 7.x without realising that the NBTV forum would not work with 7.x (some stuff it uses has been deprecated for a long time and dropped in 7.x).
So that meant that I broke the forum without realising it, until someone messaged me personally.
Then I managed to find a way to keep 5.6 for the forum, but ALSO have 7.x for the wiki.
Unfortunately my host will NOT be supporting v5.6 for very much longer, so we have a brick wall coming up fast, so to speak.
My apologies for the downtime.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:41 pm

Andrew Davie wrote:Sorry, this was my fault in a roundabout way.
The forum software is old. Very old. It relies on a version of some associated software on the forum about 5.6
I have started a new tiki (a wiki) also hosted on my taswegian domain. It relies on a version of the same software of 7.x
So I changed to 7.x without realising that the NBTV forum would not work with 7.x (some stuff it uses has been deprecated for a long time and dropped in 7.x).
So that meant that I broke the forum without realising it, until someone messaged me personally.
Then I managed to find a way to keep 5.6 for the forum, but ALSO have 7.x for the wiki.
Unfortunately my host will NOT be supporting v5.6 for very much longer, so we have a brick wall coming up fast, so to speak.
My apologies for the downtime.

Oh Ok Andrew i was worried some one was trying to stuff it up .
Another oh no i hope its not to big a problem ! some times its better not to know then you don't worry ..!
Harry Dalek

Return to Announcements