Introducing freenbtv - new NBTV generation software

Software related to NBTV.

Re: Introducing freenbtv - new NBTV generation software

Postby smeezekitty » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:15 am

Oh. I don't have an easy way to test it on older versions of Windows than Windows 7. Unless I installed XP in a VM
smeezekitty
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:57 pm

smeezekitty wrote:Oh. I don't have an easy way to test it on older versions of Windows than Windows 7. Unless I installed XP in a VM

i have Xp pro on my 20 yer old laplop i will give it a go and let you know .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:34 am

Trying it on windows xp it loads to the point asking for a missing dll file...so almost have to see if i can add it .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby smeezekitty » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:47 pm

I'm not really that surprised since I built and tested everything with W7. It usually takes special consideration to support older OSes
smeezekitty

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:20 pm

smeezekitty wrote:I'm not really that surprised since I built and tested everything with W7. It usually takes special consideration to support older OSes

No problems works well on windows 7 always been very happy with it ....
Harry Dalek

Postby smeezekitty » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:27 am

New version (0.4) released!

Changes:
Fixed crash when switching from video file to image file
Fixed GTK warnings/errors in console
GUI improvements
Independent RGB color gains (I had this implemented but not yet released - that's how I got color on my mechanical monitor)
Audio output device selection menu now works
Fixed several misc. bugs
Attachments
freenbtv_0_4.zip
(11.44 MiB) Downloaded 1279 times
smeezekitty

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:56 pm

Hi it loads ok seems to run fine again ,i have to have time to look into it ,i noticed the colour menu ...
So i will have to look into how to use this ..Thanks for the work and posting any NBTV software and improvement is always welcome !
Harry Dalek

Postby smeezekitty » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:28 pm

Version 0.41 released!

This version should fix any issues with the pixbuf loader cache not being found (and warnings and GUI problems resulting therefrom)

It also makes many of the console and pop-up error and warning messages more clear. I also identified and fixed a crash that would occur somewhat randomly when changing GUI settings.

Still plenty of bugs to go and there could be new bugs introduced to feel free to test it out and let me know how this version is working. It has been about 2 years since I touched the code so it was a bit of a pain to work on.

The zip file contains both the source and a Windows installer as before (Windows 7 or newer required)
Attachments
freenbtv_0_41.zip
(10.88 MiB) Downloaded 372 times
smeezekitty

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:31 am

I am having a bit of trouble with this version downloads fine when i try and open my PC says it has a virus ,i tried the earlier version it downloads and installs fine this one can't get past downloading it ,just seeing it any one else is gettingthe same virus warning ?
Harry Dalek

Postby smeezekitty » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:08 am

Harry Dalek wrote:I am having a bit of trouble with this version downloads fine when i try and open my PC says it has a virus ,i tried the earlier version it downloads and installs fine this one can't get past downloading it ,just seeing it any one else is gettingthe same virus warning ?

I have no idea why. It has relatively small changes but certainly shouldn't have a virus. Probably your security software just isn't familiar with this uncommonly used program.
smeezekitty

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:53 pm

smeezekitty wrote:I have no idea why. It has relatively small changes but certainly shouldn't have a virus. Probably your security software just isn't familiar with this uncommonly used program.

I tried again but instead of extracting the file i just loaded it to the HD from the compressed and that worked fine no virus warning this time ,i have yet to try this new version out but loading well so all good !
Harry Dalek

Postby G8EDJ » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:49 am

HI, downloaded this program but can't make any sense of it, there doesn't seem to be and install or .exe file?
Chris.
G8EDJ
"Fester, enough of the light-bulbs!"

Postby smeezekitty » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:47 am

G8EDJ wrote:HI, downloaded this program but can't make any sense of it, there doesn't seem to be and install or .exe file?
Chris.

exefile.JPG

Chris, I cannot confirm this. It is possibly anti-malware removing the 'uncommon' and thus unfamiliar .exe file
Last edited by smeezekitty on Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
smeezekitty

Postby Dave Moll » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:05 pm

Apologies if this is stating the obvious, but I assume you have expanded the ZIP file, which (as stated above) contains the following:
Attachments
FreeNBTV.JPG
FreeNBTV.JPG (3.1 KiB) Viewed 7753 times
Dave Moll
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:38 pm

Dave Moll wrote:Apologies if this is stating the obvious, but I assume you have expanded the ZIP file, which (as stated above) contains the following:

In the Zip window i just select run on the exe file and let windows run it once installed you will have a few windows ,can follow my instructions on how to run it on past posts here on the early versions ..its a little tricky till you know what to do like every thing .
Harry Dalek

PreviousNext

Return to Software