dancing fairies stereo soun demo

If you wish to share NBTV-format media files, suitable for playback on a mechanical TV, please use this forum section to post them. Large files are OK.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

dancing fairies stereo soun demo

Postby olbermann » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:18 pm

sample.wav
this file contains on left channel a colour video 12.5fps 32 lines and a non standard audio track on right it can be decoded by a sdr like sodira which can decode it in stereo.
(3.36 MiB) Downloaded 935 times
file containing color 32 lines video on left and my demo of stereo soundhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE4C-Pt4ioA audio on right channel is 12 kHz Qam stereo modulated that can be decode with sodira in stereo.
olbermann
"Fester, enough of the light-bulbs!"

Re: dancing fairies stereo soun demo

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:55 pm

I'm taking a risk in approving the above post as I have no way of examining to contents of the .wav file.

olbermann, I hope you understand, we've had a lot of problems with 'undesirable' uploads in the past. I'm sure this is OK, but you never know.

If anyone can decode it please inform me/us if it's OK or not.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby olbermann » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE4C-Pt4ioA
this link demonstrate and explain how the file must be decoded,
an explanation can be:
open the file with any nbtv player.
run sodira or dream (software defined radio front end)
when open select audio input speaker or stereo mix so the audio coming from the nbtv player simultaneously drive the sdr.
tune the software at 12 kHz and a bandwidth of 4-5.5 kHz am double sideband ( 9-10 kHz rf bw)
on sodira you can also demux stereo. its AM Motorola QAM Stereo.
audio might content far 4- 5 kHz audible content but if you increase band width you might experience undesirable feedback.
you can also play the file on windows media player. and let the sdr and the nbtv player hear from the stereo mix soudcard.
you might need to setup audio inputs on recording devices.
even you can edit the file, erase the video channel, up convert the file to 48000 kHz and play it directly on sdr software.
but you must first apply an anti alias filter, otherwise you may obtain undesirable noises. I work on sony sound forge for editing and create those mux files
Attachments
wav file.png
content of wav file uploaded -scope-
wav file.png (81.97 KiB) Viewed 10295 times
olbermann
"Fester, enough of the light-bulbs!"

Postby Lowtone » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:38 am

stéréo ! interesting
but this gave me an idea.
Today we have 5.1 file format, wich can be used with computers and dvd/br players.
Why not using 1 track for vidéo and 2 tracks for sound ( and others for alternate language or else )
or even, having 3 video tracks, 30line, 32line, 60line, all in sync + the 2 remaining tracks for stereo sound :P
r a d i o P T T v i s i o n
Lowtone
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Return to Images and Sound