The last CRT made in Europe

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

The last CRT made in Europe

Postby Steve Anderson » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:59 pm

If you have an interest in CRTs, particularly of the oscilloscope type, here's a rather sad tale...(two pages, link to second at bottom of first)...

http://www.crtsite.com/page3-2.html

The homepage for the whole site is here...

http://www.crtsite.com/page3.html

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: The last CRT made in Europe

Postby Klaas Robers » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:07 pm

No Steve, I don't have special interest in CRTs. But this website contains information and men, that were my collegues at Philips. They all lost their jobs in the making of colour CRTs, that is the guns of them. Heerlen, the place where they worked, is les than one hour of car driving from here, so it lies rather close to me.

Things change.....
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Re: The last CRT made in Europe

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:55 pm

There must still be millions of the things still about but one by one or many at the same time they will brake will be dumped ...this is History on things no longer wanted by most people fickle as we are !
Always only wanting the new the better never happy with what was .
As long as there still is some one interested they will never die not yet ...least worst case the information on how they were made what was will be stored some where ....I HOPE .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Return to Off Topic