Inventions of the 1920s

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Inventions of the 1920s

Postby DrZarkov » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:47 am

I found this nice video at youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAGAeTC9fIo

For us the most interesting part is the end: First a "fax" (looks like a fultograph" to me) and then Baird and his early experimental television equipment.
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Interesting inventions.

Postby Stephen » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:31 am

Thanks, Volker. This was fun to watch. I am glad that they included the autogiro. Ralph will probably enjoy that too.
Stephen
Stephen
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby Viewmaster » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:09 pm

Re weird things on utube...
If you understand German (it has a long intro) and wish to know how to record onto chocolate(!) see this.
If you don't like the music then just eat it! :shock:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=LavSdy8mf_s

Albert.
Viewmaster
Frankenstein was my uncle.

Postby DrZarkov » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:31 am

Yes I heard about it, but 12 EUR to ruin my Technics pick-up, hmm. In 1910 the chocolate factory "Stollwerck" from cologne sold a grammophone with chocolate-records with some success. I saw thos grammophones at the chocolate-museum in Cologne (worth a visit!) and at several grammophone musea in Germany. The idea is nearly as old as the record itself, Edison made experiments with chocolate-cylinders at about 1903.

Interesting in the video is that the inventor made records from almost everything like Coca Cola, or even lentil-soup. The problem is that he has to freeze it, and nobody will buy it...
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby Viewmaster » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:39 am

DrZarkov wrote:Yes I heard about it, but 12 EUR to ruin my Technics pick-up, hmm. In 1910 the chocolate factory "Stollwerck" from cologne sold a grammophone with chocolate-records with some success. I saw thos grammophones at the chocolate-museum in Cologne (worth a visit!) and at several grammophone musea in Germany. The idea is nearly as old as the record itself, Edison made experiments with chocolate-cylinders at about 1903.

Ah yes I searched and found it here.........
http://members.aol.com/antiquephono/stollwercks.htm

Next stop, a chocolate Nipkow disc? :wink:
Albert
Viewmaster
Frankenstein was my uncle.

Return to Off Topic