Iphone mass NBTV storage

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Iphone mass NBTV storage

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:02 pm

I don't know how common it is to use the IPhone as a storage play back device for NBTV testing use ,i suppose you have the ipod and I whatever device for music photo storage but if you have an old one its still useful .

Any way we have 2 laying around doing nothing had me wondering if i could use it as a mass storage device a big usb and play back testing projects .

Its easy to get photos music off a iphone but putting something back to the iphone is a little harder which i expect they want so you have to buy their software apps.

I downloaded for the iphone a free app called file manager which i used a a place to copy to i suppose you could copy your files to other apps but i am a iphone dumb dumb and had to teach my self and make it easy .

For the PC i downloaded i-Funbox DevTeam that shows folders apps on the iphone and you can drag and drop your files to the iphone ...pretty easy .

Now we just need a NBTV viewer app ! is there such a thing ?
Attachments
P1050591-crop.JPG
Need some where to copy, to i used this app
P1050591-crop.JPG (111.05 KiB) Viewed 5585 times
P1050592.JPG
P1050592.JPG (288.28 KiB) Viewed 5585 times
P1050593.JPG
P1050593.JPG (287.92 KiB) Viewed 5585 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby gary » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Well this is not exactly what you are looking for but you can show NBTV on your iPhone (or SmartPhone) by using the Skype app and sending NBTV from your PC via the NBTV Virtual Camera facility (available in TBP and Video2NBTV) as your video input to your Skype app on the PC.

You would, of course, use your wireless router (wifi) to send the data - unless you have cheap data in your phone plan ;-)

There may be an Android app in the near future. Apple hardware (in general) is still too dear for lowly NBTV software... at least from this developer...
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:57 pm

gary wrote:Well this is not exactly what you are looking for but you can show NBTV on your iPhone (or SmartPhone) by using the Skype app and sending NBTV from your PC via the NBTV Virtual Camera facility (available in TBP and Video2NBTV) as your video input to your Skype app on the PC.

You would, of course, use your wireless router (wifi) to send the data - unless you have cheap data in your phone plan ;-)

There may be an Android app in the near future. Apple hardware (in general) is still too dear for lowly NBTV software... at least from this developer...

I would like it as a stand alone viewer ,i started playing with it just to play back NBTV wav files thats useful.

Skype is one way but i have been looking on you tube you can run a slow windows on them ...perhaps might just be able to get one of your viewers onit ..? have to read up more to see if its possible for this dumb dumb to do it.

looking at one you tube video of it it seems to run very slow and no sound device detected which is a problem !
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Re: Iphone mass NBTV storage

Postby Harry Dalek » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 pm

Instead of a new Subject i again would like to tell any one that has one of these little slabs of technology laying around unused because the wife has dropped it or its been upgraded by a flatter slab for a dreadful use to face book on :?

I have been looking at apps for the NBTV constructor and it can make this thing useful for the first time in its existence ! apart from what i used it for before NBTV wav storage file play back :)

Well small is good for lack of space so its nice to find a tool that can fit in you pocket,well for a start if you have wifi you have the net thus can down load apps since i am a Cheapskate i download the free apps there tends to be a better apps if your willing to pay a few dollars but as with windows programs i go for the free ones .

What i have found so far free is a RPM meter which gos up to 30000 rpm 500hz this via the mic funny enough is crappy at low rpm but very accurate at our line frequency might have something to do with the mic ? not sure if you can record or i mean test via a input jack not sure a iphone has one ?
Theres a few frequency spectrographic software good for a frequency meter .
Theres oscilloscope apps the ones you have to pay for look better more useful than what i found for free i think some work via its mic .
lots of free signal generator software apps very handy if you need a waveform in the audio frequency range as we do quick with out making one.
Just about any thing you can think of handy for electronics in information apps
You can even copy over your News letter cd pdf files and view them on the phone.
I looked it up the iphone jack for head phones also is a input for an external mic mono only but does mean it could be used for a NBTV camera sound recorder to wav file ...that will come in handy .
Now we just need a NBTV app perhaps one day theres one sstv app so might be hope .
Harry Dalek

Return to Off Topic