when is a Nipkow a fake ?

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

when is a Nipkow a fake ?

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:39 pm

http://www.tvplayvideos.com/2,XSh6U4L0O ... pkows-Disk

MMMM picture always in sync any speed ...wider than the nipkow holes so on.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: when is a Nipkow a fake ?

Postby DrZarkov » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:13 pm

It looks like there is a picture behind a spinning Nipkow-disc to "simulate" TV.
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:02 am

DrZarkov wrote:It looks like there is a picture behind a spinning Nipkow-disc to "simulate" TV.

yes using a little tv or light box perhaps ...so really showing nothing like how a nipkow really works ...
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:20 am

Harry Dalek wrote:
DrZarkov wrote:It looks like there is a picture behind a spinning Nipkow-disc to "simulate" TV.

yes using a little tv or light box perhaps ...so really showing nothing like how a nipkow really works ...

Actually Baird (or at least his co-workers) used the same technique either to test disks or to take photos. If I get time I will try to dig up a reference.

The give away here is that the picture remains stable even when the disk spins down.
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:49 pm

gary wrote:
Actually Baird (or at least his co-workers) used the same technique either to test disks or to take photos. If I get time I will try to dig up a reference.

The give away here is that the picture remains stable even when the disk spins down.

Yes Gary No sync needed at any speed pretty useful why didn't we think of it ? :lol:

I have not heard of this Baird test on photos Gary so i am interested if you track it down .
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:48 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:
gary wrote:

Yes Gary No sync needed at any speed pretty useful why didn't we think of it ? :lol:

I have not heard of this Baird test on photos Gary so i am interested if you track it down .

I finally found it Harry, Vol 35 No.3 page nine (or Paganini if you are into classical music ;-).
gary

Postby Viewmaster » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:39 pm

There are many other examples on that site

http://www.tvplayvideos.com/2,yguYWDtOr ... ct-(Part-6)

Not a very successful demo!

Is he trying to use one of your apps, Gary?

Multi standard here.....
http://www.tvplayvideos.com/2,qwYiAJMnc ... recordings
“One small step for a man,"......because he has Arthritis.
Albert.
Viewmaster
Frankenstein was my uncle.

Postby gary » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:55 am

Viewmaster wrote:There are many other examples on that site

http://www.tvplayvideos.com/2,yguYWDtOr ... ct-(Part-6)

Not a very successful demo!

Is he trying to use one of your apps, Gary?

Multi standard here.....
http://www.tvplayvideos.com/2,qwYiAJMnc ... recordings

That "site" is just a collection of mostly unrelated videos "scraped" from various video media sites (mainly YouTube).

The videos you link to are part of this forum's AussieBloke projects which he documented extensively both on this forum, YouTube, and his own web site.

What you are seeing there is a stage in testing - something we all go through but rarely make public ;-).

Yes that is TBP app that he is using to monitor the output of the camera.

The main thing is that whilst the camera, at that stage, is probably not functioning as well as Troy would have liked, it is none-the-less *not* "fake" as was the example referred to in the title of this thread.
gary

Postby McGee2021 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:52 am

gary wrote:
Harry Dalek wrote:

Here is a page from Television For the Amateur Constructor, from 1933.
Attachments
185.gif
185.gif (79.05 KiB) Viewed 8531 times
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Return to Off Topic